Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I just couldn't stand it any longer! (painted my bronze trim)

Re: I just couldn't stand it any longer! (painted my bronze trim)

Paint turned out great.

BTW bamachem, I've never been a big fan of Sequoia rims on a 3rd gen...but I must say, they look perfect on yours. Almost as if your 4Runner came with them stock.

Again, nice mods all the way around. I look forward to watching what's yet to come.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

thanks. nothing much else to be honest. i've had my fun: http://4rnr.net
    -andy

Looks factory. Great job.
    Cupholder Mod

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    thanks. nothing much else to be honest. i've had my fun: http://4rnr.net
    You think nothing much else right now, but you just wait...I'm sure the mod bug will jump up and bite you when you least expect it!

Somehow I always seem to get bit....
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Wanna come up a weekend and paint my 85 ext cab...I got a space two doors down we could use...already set up to paint.

Seriously.

Looks awesome! Now get a s/c and see if the paint peels off!
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box

Looks like you just used minimal primer in the low spots, is this paint made to be used without a primer? Did you not use a clear coat? Did you have to thin it it all before shooting? How much is this paint? Have you used it before?

I'll be painting my FJ40 this summer. I can't wait. Probably won't be that clean though...or glossy.
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

runner looks so much better. nice job!
    2002 4runner sr5<br />2000 tacoma prerunner

Quote Originally Posted by SD4runner
    Looks like you just used minimal primer in the low spots, is this paint made to be used without a primer? Did you not use a clear coat? Did you have to thin it it all before shooting? How much is this paint? Have you used it before?

I'll be painting my FJ40 this summer. I can't wait. Probably won't be that clean though...or glossy.
    I bought the primer from them as well. You don't have to have a primer if you sand the existing paint well and don't have any bare metal or plastic. You have to thin according to the directions with their thinner. You do NOT use a clear coat with single stage colors like white and black. If you have a metallic color, then it's a two stage and typically requires a base coat and clear coat for the best results.
    -andy

Looks like I may be driving the Land Cruiser quicker than I had planned on!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220415734621

-andy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast