Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How heavy is your safe?

How heavy is your safe?

I just picked up a new safe today, as i have seemed to outgrown my current one.

The shipping label on the box had the thing listed at 605lbs.

It took me and Pops like 30 min to coax the thing up the driveway after we got it off the trailer.

When i go to move it to its new home in the garage i am definitely going to be needing 3 men and a small boy.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: How heavy is your safe?

our small to medium size safe weighs at least 400 pounds empty. id say probably a good 1000 pounds with all the ammo in it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Im considered a small boy...
    Can I help ?

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I'm at 700 lbs empty, it took 3 of us to move it, even then it was a bit difficult.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Mine is about 800 lbs empty. I have moved it by myself twice (that's out of old house into new one X2). A feat like that takes some time to plan and tools to execute. This last time I had to remonve a door system down to the studs to get it in the room.

I moved it by myself because the first time I moved it with help it was a fiasco.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Mine is 1100 pounds and I paid people to move it for me. I'll be modifying it soon with some extra steel so it'll be a little heavier.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Everyone make a mental note:

DO NOT MESS WITH FUSTER.

Especially seeing he is strong enough in either body or mind, if not both, to man handle an 800lb safe by himself. a normal human should be a walk in the park.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Everyone make a mental note:

DO NOT MESS WITH FUSTER.

Especially seeing he is strong enough in either body or mind, if not both, to man handle an 800lb safe by himself. a normal human should be a walk in the park.

- Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I think mines around 15-1700 lbs empty it takes up the whole closet space and when it comes time to move it, well lets just say it will be money well spent

edit found it: weight 1,736 lbs

Navigator

that is a big ass safe... lol
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast