Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: fuster's runner build continued from the garage rig pic forum...

Re: fuster's runner build continued from the garage rig pic forum...

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLover
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck

I went through seven, count them, seven rescue strength steel blades while cutting only 1/4 of an inch through the first side of the bolt.
    You were using the denticular side of the blade, right?

Haha! Yes, now be quiet before I show you my testicular side...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I can't wait to see some more pictures of the progress.
    '91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLover

I went through seven, count them, seven rescue strength steel blades while cutting only 1/4 of an inch through the first side of the bolt.
    You were using the denticular side of the blade, right?

Haha! Yes, now be quiet before I show you my testicular side...
    ROFLMAO!!
    1995 4Runner, 5spd, 22R-E, stock, 125,000 miles

As promised, pics will be uploaded tonight....in about three hours...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

a little more than an hour left ... the suspense is killing me.
    '91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

Thanks for y'alls' patience. I have been consumed with obligations lately....

Below we have a pic of my nearly complete front axle assembly. Note the sporty red caliper and hand plotted and drilled /vented rotors . The brake upgrade consists of v6 calipers with fj 40 rotors powered by an fj80 master cylinder and hybrid wiring harness. Behind the MC is a dual diaphragm v6 brake booster. The whole system is linked by plastic encased extended and braided SS lines....makes me quiver a little to describe it

For now, I'm using some Rancho 5000 shocks with Rancho 3" lift springs. I chose to use this lift because it was the path of least resistance given my soon to be nomadic state. Looking closely, one can see a pair of quick disco sway bar end links with Energy Suspension bushings. These units are made by Roger Brown of 4crawler off road. They are stainless steel and very well crafted. I chose to mount a sway bar because the formidable Mrs. Fuster has seized this rig for her use and I wanted the on road handling to be predictable and firm.

As I have progressed through this build, I have been replacing the old fasteners with stainless steel and/or heat treated zinc plated nuts/bolts

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

And who could deny me a blooper photo complete with lense cap enhancement

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

very nice fuster!

so yea about those holes in your rotor....
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

When I build my brakes, I like to use this red brake quiet material. It is applied to the back of the disc pads as show in the representation below. When the pads are installed, the material bonds with the caliper piston crowns which eliminates vibration; the frequency we detect as squeaking. The example I used here is only a shim. I forgot to snap a pic before I fully assembled both of my calipers and didn't feel like tearing one down for entertainment's sake.

Edit: notice the bootlegged dish towel I took from Mrs. Fuster's collection in the kitchen
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    very nice fuster!

so yea about those holes in your rotor....
    Yeah, I was experimenting with math and a drill press...hehe. Notice the series of three chamfered holes that skew in the wrong direction.... Never listen to talk radio while operatimg power tools...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast