Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just installed Total Chaos lower link skids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just installed Total Chaos lower link skids

TC has now developed a lower link skid for the 4Runner and FJC.

The new link skid is more compact then some out there, but seems to do a good job offering the protection where the protection needs to be. I've compared a few, and liked their thought process here.

This is what Total Chaos has to say...

Lower Link Skids - 07+ FJ & 03+ 4Runner
    Protect your factory FJ & 4Runner lower link brackets from rock damage by installing these TOTAL CHAOS bolt on lower link skid plates. Designed using 3/16” mild steel, these brackets bolt on using 9/16” grade 8 hardware. They are designed to work with factory lower control arm links and aftermarket upgrades. TC link skids are intended to bolt on but can also be welded to maximize the reinforcement to the factory bracket. They incorporate an added spacer that is designed to prevent the factory tabs from elongating like the other brands. The TC skids were designed to reinforce the gap created from the taper design in the factory bracket.

Here is a shot of TC's new Lower Link Skids on my 4th Gen 4Ruuner. Mine have the forward facing tab welded to add strength and to eliminate the chance that it could get caught on an obstacle.

T4Rfun<br />aka-Chris<br /><br />TOTAL CHAOS FABRICATION - KING SHOCKS - SHROCKWORKS 4X4 PRODUCTS - EQUIPT EXPEDITION OUTFITTERS - BUDBUILT - GOODYEAR - PIAA - PERMA-COOL - WARN - AMSTEEL BLUE - COBRA<br /><br />

Navigator

Re: Just installed Total Chaos lower link skids

looks good...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

looks sexy
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Thats badass !! Congrats man !!

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Thanks guys. You continue to be a bad influence on my bank account...but I'm loving my 4Runner and go into withdrawals when I can't get it dirty.
    T4Rfun<br />aka-Chris<br /><br />TOTAL CHAOS FABRICATION - KING SHOCKS - SHROCKWORKS 4X4 PRODUCTS - EQUIPT EXPEDITION OUTFITTERS - BUDBUILT - GOODYEAR - PIAA - PERMA-COOL - WARN - AMSTEEL BLUE - COBRA<br /><br />

hmmm i could use a set of those. i always bang those hard.

Im also running these, had them for a few months now, and I will say THAT THEY WORK
    mine aint as pretty anymore, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I was just thinking about making some of these for my 3rd gen. I was scrounging around for some thin cardboard last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I was just thinking about making some of these for my 3rd gen. I was scrounging around for some thin cardboard last night.
    shipping to 92394?

I haven't made anything yet but once I finish my carton of Budlight (thin cardboard source) I'll start mocking something up. I'm not sure if it will have bends of everything cut and weld but we'll see. I haven't had time to research on the products available out there now but I have seen guys with jacked up factory mounts. I'm not super careful when it comes to scraping the underbelly and I'd rather mess around with making something like this instead of having to cut the factory ones off and having someone put new ones on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast