Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airlift 60743 with LC coils lift

Re: Airlift 60743 with LC coils lift

Sean, they went out in yesterdays mail.

excellent mike!!! thank you! ill try to install them saturday afternoon after my offroading for the day!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    .....I would just pull the schraeder valve from the fill stem and let them "breathe".
    That's a great idea. I plan on getting these for my van and wondered about that.
    My signature

ideally at some point i will create a system to inflate the bags independantly from the cab. so im less likely to flop the vehicle(fill the low side, dump the high side pressure), and idea that will be the basis of my senior project.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, a guy in my local club has a Rubicon with that kind of system but it is with all 4 corners. He even has it set up where it lowers itself when it shuts off to make it easier to get in and out. I think his has a joystick like thing in the middle. It's cool but annoying when he's right behind you on the trail because the air noise makes you think you lost a bead or tore a sidewall LOL till you get used to it.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    ideally at some point i will create a system to inflate the bags independantly from the cab. so im less likely to flop the vehicle(fill the low side, dump the high side pressure), and idea that will be the basis of my senior project.
    Like the crosslinked airbags on land rovers?
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA's ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi's ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT's ~ LC Rims

i havent bothered looking at the landrovers. basically id want to be able to increase the air pressure in one while decreasing the air in the other (or flattening it out completely) to push down a side of the axle to maintain stability on extreme off-camber situations.

Yeah Sean, that's how this guys Rubicon is. He can lean it into the hills, lower the front, etc...
    My signature

yeah, on the 4runner it would just be the rear axle (i dont want to mess with the fronts) but on my senior project it will be a rather traditional suspension coupled with a secondary hydraulic setup that keeps the majority of the vehicle as level as possible.

hope to get this in this weekend. writeup to come! also going to call airlift tomorrow and see if they make bags that better fit our application for the rear of the 3rd gen with lc coils.

I talked to Airlift about this exact issue and they told me I needed to measure the interior dia. and the length and shazzam they can tell me what will fit and send em out.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast