Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thankx

Re: Thankx

IngaPrincessWarrior hey there,, welcome
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I have been reluctant to add my thoughts for fear of diluting the intensity of my gratitude for you military men and women and families by the frequency with which I have expressed it in the past.

As we buried my father-in-law, a WWII veteran, and his widow was presented with the carefully folded flag, I pondered the value of service these patriots provide and what cost. My eyes well and throat chokes now with appreciation for those of you who have served, now serve and have committed to serve the cause of freedom. As I've said before, you stand between my precious family and those who would do them harm. The price of such service does not escape my awareness. We are forever in your debt. It is a debt I cannot repay, but I promise to teach my children the value of your service and honor you deserve. I promise to teach my children to earn the freedoms you guarantee with your lives...that's all I have. I hope it's enough.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Fuster,
    your Father-in-law is a true HERO in my book, SO is his wife, she also served, she gave up alot waiting for him, worrying about him, she is also a HERO
    Im sorry to hear about your lose, but you can be proud.
    This did make one eye leak, reminded me of when my dad past away, (I am the oldest son) I was just got off active duty, when he pasted, so I was handed the flag.
    Talk about a very sad, but yet proud moment, looking down, seeing thate white glove holding the folded flag.
    I somewhat know what your mother-in-law felt at that moment..
    Send her and the family, my condolences.
    Ive said this before, but will offer again, any military people (past or present) coming through my area, let me know, dinner is on me
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Thanks for your thoughts, Ric. Your account brings vivid images to mind of my father-in-law's services. You know what moved me was when his veteran buddies fired their WWII period M1 Garands in salute, they policed their brass and gave each grandchild a casing with a white gloved handshake. My sons keep their casings in a special place. The symbolism is rich.

Thanks for posting your experience. Thank you for your service Ric.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Croz,
    thankx for your service there man, what ya fly ? how long ya been in ?
    I forgot all about this thread. I fly Blackhawks but I'm headed down to Az to fly RC-12's. Thanks again to all our service men and women.

Sometimes I feel guilty because i haven't deployed yet, I have been serving in Wash DC at a non-deployable unit in response to anything that might happen here. It's an important mission but it's not the same as all my buddies getting their a$$ shot off over there. I should finally be deploying early next summer after this school.

My hat's off to all of you that serve, ...not just in the military but any kind of public service. Cheers
    Dave<br />06&#039; 4Runner Limited 4WD V8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234