Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thankx

Re: Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerman
    LOL I talked to you on YT once before I went to navy boot camp... I made MM3, got my SW pin, and then couldn't stay in? Ring a bell?

Sorry for the hijack.
    Oh yes. I do remember you. Sorry to hear that things worked out that way. Sounds like you pushed hard while you were in though. Very respectable!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I loved it, though, and now that I'm out I'm glad (albeit a bit more financially unstable... gotta love the 1st and 15th!!). I have a daughter on the way, and I want to be there.

But keep rockin the blues, BU1! I'd do it if I wasn't scared of what might happen to my daughter if I'm not there!
    &#039;98 Tacoma -- custom ISR modded 3rz -- 80K miles -- pretty stock

That was a hard call for my wife and I also when our son came along because we are dual active duty. At first I was set on getting out also but then as I learned how to reorganize my lifestyle with a child it became doable. Not judging your choice at all. Some can make it work for the right reasons and some cannot. Being in is by no means the only way to serve this great country of ours. Just being a good citizen and raising responsible children is in itself service.

Both my wife and I, because we know that we will have to and have deployed away from each other, in some ways keeps us from taking our time together for granted. That possibility is always there and in fact My wife is headed over to the middle east for a 6 month deployment starting the end of July. So she will go there and help put guys back together and I will be single dadding it for a time while se is away. We will make it work.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Eric, my hat is off to you man! I had no idea you guys were a dual active duty family.
    I have a son about the same age as yours and it is hard and my wife is a stay at home mom and I am no longer in service. If you ever need to get away for a few days while you are single daddy, come on up here. Jack loves to have other kids to play with.
    My signature

Thanks Chris. I may take you up on that. One huge reason we are able to do it is because we both come from solid families. Mom in Law is retired and loves to travel and spend time with us here in SD. Who doesn't love SD? LOL

It is funny because I have heard comments like "your family didn't come in your seabag" but I think the opposite. If we don't commit to service for our families and for Americans then what the heck are we doing it for in the first place?

I would like to se how many other military folks we have here at UY.

thanks so much to all of you who have served and who are serving our Country now.

-andy

I want to let you all know how much my freedom and rights mean to me!!! If it were not for the men and women that started this wonderful country where would we be??

Their thoughtless acts of bravery and courage will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Sure we forget sometimes to vote, and yes we all dislike being called for jury duty, but I consider every time I vote an honor and would gladly serve on any jury!!

When I am able to go out and get into my 4Runner and go almost any where I want to, I owe that privilege to those that are serving and have served!!!

Going down the street and even if I am scammed by some street hustler for a few dollars, That is my choice, and believe it or not that homeless person has the right to be homeless because of those that have served or are serving!! No body comes and locks them up because they are homeless. If you do see the homeless on a day to day event you don't go home one night and come back tomarrow and see where the side walk is bloody and that person is gone, you would be upset because that shouldn't happen to anyone!! That's because of those that have servered or are serving...

When I attend a Veteren's Funeral, and the American Legion is there as the Color Guard, and you hear Tap's being plaid by the lone trumpet player, watching as old glory is being folded up and the Commander of the Guard commands for the 21 gun salute, and hear the three salvos of the seven and listen as the Commander of the unit salutes the coffin and says Fairwell Comrad. I get that feeling like a large rock has gotten lodged in my throat. I feel a sense of honor and pride that I enjoy! I can be dam sure thankful for those that have served and are serving!!!! God Bless America!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    I want to let you all know how much my freedom and rights mean to me!!! If it were not for the men and women that started this wonderful country where would we be??

Their thoughtless acts of bravery and courage will never be forgotten as long as I live.

Sure we forget sometimes to vote, and yes we all dislike being called for jury duty, but I consider every time I vote an honor and would gladly serve on any jury!!

When I am able to go out and get into my 4Runner and go almost any where I want to, I owe that privilege to those that are serving and have served!!!

Going down the street and even if I am scammed by some street hustler for a few dollars, That is my choice, and believe it or not that homeless person has the right to be homeless because of those that have served or are serving!! No body comes and locks them up because they are homeless. If you do see the homeless on a day to day event you don't go home one night and come back tomarrow and see where the side walk is bloody and that person is gone, you would be upset because that shouldn't happen to anyone!! That's because of those that have servered or are serving...

When I attend a Veteren's Funeral, and the American Legion is there as the Color Guard, and you hear Tap's being plaid by the lone trumpet player, watching as old glory is being folded up and the Commander of the Guard commands for the 21 gun salute, and hear the three salvos of the seven and listen as the Commander of the unit salutes the coffin and says Fairwell Comrad. I get that feeling like a large rock has gotten lodged in my throat. I feel a sense of honor and pride that I enjoy! I can be dam sure thankful for those that have served and are serving!!!! God Bless America!! TJ
    very well said and soo true, we all do have so many freedoms and liberties, and even though i served during peace time, even i, taken my freedoms for granted from time to time.
    I know how lucky i am, i go wheeling every weekend, i chose to drive a toyota, i chose when i eat, i eat what i chose, thats just a few things, VERY few things, Im gratfull for, thankx to all the Vets that made that possible.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

i know since i dont post much most of you dont know me. but, i just wanted to say thank you for supporting those of us in the military
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast