Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone Solder ?

Can anyone Solder ?

Well my Headunit AUX port has taken a poop, I took the face plate apart and it appears one of the wires has somehow come loose from the solder on it..

Can Anyone here solder?
    (Seansorz?)

Id be willing to ship it to you and pay you for your time.
    If your local then I can pay you for your time..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Can anyone Solder ?

yeah i can probably do it. got a pic? how small is the wire?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Soldering isn't that hard. Just pick up a little soldering iron from radio shack, read up a little on the internet, and have at it.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

lol i thought bob had done a writeup but i didnt see it when i glanced at his website on my iphone.

slosurfer, this should help you a bunch!!!

thanks whitey!!!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yeah, thanks bob!

I also found a pretty cool google vid on soldering bullet connectors. I can't wait to mess with it. Looks fun and very similar to what I do a lot in my dad's shop when soldering flat brass or bronze to a bronze or brass roll
    My signature

See thats the thing..I have soldered before, I know how to and have the stuff, The wire is way tooo tiny for me to trust myself to solder it back.
    I cant get a pic because my camera is a POS and doesnt like closeups on small things..
    Thats why I was hoping someone with a bit more exp. with the small stuff could help..

Although, I found a spare HU that I thought I lost..So if I dont like this new one the old ones gonna be fixed somehow..

Buuuttt, For now the stupid airbag light has come on, so back to the repair shop she goes.
    FML

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Navigator

definitely got to get that code read for the srs... remember that its not read by the obd port, but by a seperate srs port somewhere (dont know where it is in yotas...)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Yeah well, It was involved in a crash a couple months back, tonight going down the freeway I hit a pothole and that crap started blinking..
    POS

At least the airbag didn't go off when you hit that pothole. That would have been a sucky surprise going down the freeway and having your bag go off.
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast