Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: if your looking at lights you might want to wait a bit

Still haven't received your shocks yet?!

Looking forward to pics!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Nope. I called and they hope to have them to me next week since their lathe broke. Pretty much sucks.

I bit the bullet on their pods and 7.5" bar over on Volt LED. Looks like good quality stuff or at least better than fleabay. I really learned a lot from this thread. Wish I had time to build them but I just don't have the equipment to really do such a project. Looks like fun.

I tried out the 41.5" tonight. Its stupid bright although I don't care for the mounting location. There is a slight glare on the windshield. there is some glare on the end of the hood but that seems to not be a problem.My eyes adjust in a half second but my bumper mounted lights require no such eye adjustment(although they are not as bright so that may be part of it). Its money well spent of course as its brighter then the $500 dollars worth of other lights I have.
    If I did it over again I may make sure the roof line cuts the light off of the windshield. Its bright enough that I'd guess it would hurt your eyes a bit no matter what, but I'd bet it would be better.

how are the 7.5" doing?
    Last edited by troyboy162; 04-23-2014 at 09:57 PM.

When you say, "If I did it all over again." Do you mean mounting the light? Like if it were mounted further back you'd have the cutoff line in a different location? If not where else can you mount a 41.5" light bar?

I think up over the cab would be better. I mounted mine where I have seen others do it. It works, but I bet with a lot of test fitting you could go ovr he cab, have zero glare and 95% of the light down range.

Put a strip of cardboard on the bottom to block the spill onto the windshield. Figure how much you need then duplicate it with some 1/8 inch abs sheet.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

thought about that. I'm not sure its worth bothering, but I figured I'd put it out there for forum sake. Its really just a half second to get used to it. I didnt think it would spill down since they are all spot. When i first fired it up i though "hey my windsheild is dirty. SWait, why am i noticing the windsheild" lol. Also it doesn't seem to whisle much up to 60 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    I tried out the 41.5" tonight. Its stupid bright although I don't care for the mounting location. There is a slight glare on the windshield. there is some glare on the end of the hood but that seems to not be a problem.My eyes adjust in a half second but my bumper mounted lights require no such eye adjustment(although they are not as bright so that may be part of it). Its money well spent of course as its brighter then the $500 dollars worth of other lights I have.
    If I did it over again I may make sure the roof line cuts the light off of the windshield. Its bright enough that I'd guess it would hurt your eyes a bit no matter what, but I'd bet it would be better.

how are the 7.5" doing?
    I should have it hooked up here soon. I wore everything into my aux box and right now I am up to my elbows in paint. I do have a test rig though so I will see about hooking it up tonight for a test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

hey Sean this guy built exactly what you are talking about. I'm still not sure its annoying me enough to mess with but this would fix it 100%20121120_204005.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast