Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: if your looking at lights you might want to wait a bit

That's a cool and simple solution to the problem. I like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I went a little extreme on the visor but I really didnt want to do it twice. I know this will interfere with some of the output, but it was bothering me more and more everytime I went out. I'm just hoping for good results tonight and a whistle I can live with.
    1653879_10205378951172000_1649977420732284384_n.jpg

That doesn't look too extreme. It actually looks really good.

I think it looks good too and not in the slightest extreme. I had completely forgotten you had asked about the 7.5" bar. I think the spot section is great honestly. I used it while I was in Colorado when I needed some extra light down the road. It did the trick. These are the results on the garage door.

It's not bad for such a short bar. With the roof rack I will add a much larger one when the pocketbook allows for it.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

looking good! I saw your ditch lights in the other post too and those look great as well. I sure am glad the prices have come down on these things. I went for a test spin last night and its just crazy how much light you can get from them.

The visor works great. Its for sure blocking some of the lower rows light, but without the glare, the perceived light is 150% of what it used to be so its a win. Next time I'd just put it up over the cab. I think this locations popularity is from trophy trucks, but they dont have windshields to create the glare.

I am very glad about the prices as well. When I build my roof rack I am going to sample some I found on amazon that go for 40 bucks a pair. Not sure if I will be pleased again or not but those will be mainly for area lighting.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

now the Chinese copied the baja designs lights that use 10w LEDS. Its kinda sad how the american company's are making the market for them. The typical rigid bars look got diluted so baja offered the deep reflector style. Its got more throw then a typical LED bar, but they charged such a premium that they became a prime target to be undercut. It does not cost 6 times more to assemble this light in america. I wont pretend I have a full grasp on the economics of it all but its 2015... You cant call $100 (its less but thats a round number) bucks worth of parts $1200 without being undercut. Also there is no real R&D in this stuff. The circuits, LEDS, optics, and heat sinks are old technology that's widely understood.

For cost comparison, Rydel fab sold me 120w's of 10w LED stuck to a expensive billet heat sink for $550 about 3 years ago. He had a incredibly small run of circuit boards and housings made in america and still undercut Baja designs current offering watt for watt.

Chinese deep reflector bar
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/351176325512

original
    http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=463014
    Last edited by troyboy162; 02-08-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678