Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: if your looking at lights you might want to wait a bit

Re: if your looking at lights you might want to wait a bit

I am not too crazy about a momentary switch for those lights, i much rather have a simple on/off.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Awesome. Can you get some close up pics of the housing and where the power cable comes out? I know he was figuring them out. Did you get them programmed or is it just on and off?

He has some pictures of all that in his for sale post on pirate. It looks well sealed although I'm not gonna bucket test them like he did. The power cable exits the bottom right hand side.

The momentary is weird but its the only way to let you cycle through the modes. Its based off a flashlight circuit. I got the stock programing and I think its ideal. Short press for hi, short press again for low and long press to turn off. It will also do disco with a long press when off.

Edit: jumped on his site to choose a correct fuse and he has an option so they just turn on with a relay as well. I assume that will kill all mode selection options, but its simple and trustworthy.

for me, they will be alley lights on the rack. left, right, and rear floods to bathe my surroundings in light, so a simple on/off is all i need. I will likely end up just building my own, but these are pretty nice!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I dont want to sound like a fan boy or stiffle a good project but these would make nice side lights at 1200 lumins and hopefully <$100. These are the next light he is making.

That's more of what I want/need, maybe two of those on each side and one rear. If the price is right, that's what I'll go for. Otherwise, I think I'll try to make my own this summer.

Troy, these didn't replace any standard halogens, did they? I'm looking to possibly add some light up front and could take your old ones off your hands.

nope these are my first add on. Razedezert has some good deal ssometimes
    http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php

Navigator

Unfortunately my Motorcycle ate my budget for these new tires, and a few parts.. oh well
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

My friend bought some of these 10" bars. Very bright and I think he only paided 150ish eash, but hes friends with the guy. Either way these are on the cheap end of price and on the high end of output.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/light...-volt-led.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast