Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: if your looking at lights you might want to wait a bit

I saw the pods he is selling this weekend and we took one apart to help him answer some customer questions. The pods are well made surprizinly. The circuit board was populated with a lot of extra parts so they are not skimping. It was also thoroughly coated with thermal paste and thats another step that is often skimped on but was not with these.

The light bars are different then normal ones. First off the lenses can be replaced with euro or spot patterns for each LED. They also use an external power supply so they are set up similar to a hid with a ballast. Pretty dang nice!

I picked up a 42" light bar this week for stupid cheap from volt led. these are being made dirt cheap these days. A quick google search shows the 42" 240W is a popular Chinese size right now and a value price point. several are on ebay in the $160 range shipped. Volt LED (Chris) sourced some with a poly lens (most cheap ones are glass) and Cree leds instead of the cheapo leds. I'll post pics after its mounted but we tested it last night and it has some really good light output. its about the same at the ~40 inch ridgid I saw once. Of course this is 1/10th the price lol.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/light...-volt-led.html

cheap bright and a huge pain in the ass to mount lol

Troy, would you mind sharing roughly what you paid for that light bar? Nice brackets!

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

The mounts are good from afar lol. I got a deal from him and I'm trying to find out the retail so I can post that. I'd guess 250ish since the cheap ones are 165 on eBay. His are the basic Chinese with a Cree upgrade, all spot (good for roof mount) and poly lenses. I have not seen that combination, but you may be able to find where he gets them.
    Regardless the days of high mark ups are coming to a end finally.

Looks awesome, Troy!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

So i was off by quite a bit but i dont know crap about what the lights are inside. these are for his 3w cree double row bars. He also carries the 10w single row bars but they are usually more since they put out more light per inch.

Pods 109. The pods put out 3200 lumens...
    8 inch $119
    14 inch 169
    32 inch 349
    449 for the 41.5 bar. <-- this is the one I got
    549 for the 50.
    Last edited by troyboy162; 03-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.

It's dark at my house and I'd guess it is at yours as well. We need night shots.

I gotta get it out of the garage first (needs shocks) and then figure out how to take a good picture in Manuel mode so it doesn't just adjust for the light
    But I'll try

this is a epistar 41.5" bar so its a little dimmer, but this video also looks like crap since the camera compensates.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast