Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your Range results

Lets see your Range results

Went out Saturday to the Indoor Range in town and put 115 rounds downrange.

50- .45

50- 9mm

15- .38 spl

The .45 i got yelled at over the PA for rapid fire, those were my 8's down low.
    My one Flyer there was from steady head only run.

My Lil Bro says i cheat with the 9mm, i have a Crimson Trace grip set for it.
    I tell him its not like it guides them there.

Oh and that little guy up top, that little guy, don't worry about that little guy.

The .38 was my Lil Bro's new .38 back up. Went and picked up that new Ruger LCR.
    Very nice shooter, well worth the $400. I cant wait till it makes the list. Al ready told him i have first dibs if he gets tired of it.

So what kind of Holes have you poked lately?
    Practice makes perfect. And i have a bit to go till i get to where i want.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Lets see your Range results

Nothing lately but hopefully soon.
    What distance were you at?

i think it was 7yds.

All i have been practicing is close up stuff.
    Figure if i say "i waited till he got within 20ft after telling him to stop half a dozen times" they cant say i didn't show restraint. Besides my house isn't that big, the hallway is only like 18'.

Let me know when you want to go out.
    I have been tossing around weather i go back up to Yolo Sportsmans, or throw down for Sac Valley and do some Long range rifle. Thinking of putting together a .308 1000 yd rifle next month.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Well I usually chuck them at the range, but I happen to have one pic of two targets.

tighter group is at 20+/- feet. 10 rnds

Wider group is at 35+/- feet. 10 rnds

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I like to keep mine. I put them up on my closet mirrors.
    Helps remind me to strive to do better next time and if anyone was to actually make it past my 135 & 110lb Shepard & Dobbie they will hopefully show pause when they look in

I'm close to Fuster level, just got to keep practicing, practice ,practice.

Fuster do you shoot dominate eye only or both eyes open?

I tried a few both open and it was a tad bit different.

I learned to shoot back in 1969 with my Dad. He taught me to shoot dominant eye only. Since then I have made the adjustment to both eyes by squinting the left eye. Gradually I opened it little by little until I can shoot both eyes open. It's more comfortable. I also changed my stance from Weaver to isosceles for stationary range practice.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I guess I'll be the first rifle guy, and while this rifle is still a "work in progress" getting it dialed in and all, I'll go ahead and share this weekend's first set of targets.

10 shots at 50 yds.

10 shots at 100 yds. (that slightly larger hole in the center ring is 2 rounds, and I had a flyer.)

I'm shooting my newest Mosin Nagant, another 1943 M91/30 Modified of course. Shoots 7.62x54R

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

How is that ATI bolt handle working for you?
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman88SR5
    How is that ATI bolt handle working for you?
    a lot better than I thought it would, I didnt care for the design and was going to be on the lookout for a PU bolt reproduction, but this one is nice!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Looks good.

You might get a little better if you put the BBQ sandwich down first.

(evidence all over 10yd target)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast