Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle issues ?????

Idle issues ?????

My truck idles very rough when in gear, place it in neutral or park and idle is fine ?? I have checked for vac leaks, cleaned throttle body, Im thinking now possibly transmission mounts?? engine mounts are new. any one have any ideas
    99 SR5 4Runner<br />86 SR5 Turbo 4Runner

Re: Idle issues ?????

some details on your truck would help! im assuming its the 86, but please, post all the details you can.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah a little more info on motor, etc...

Have you checked to make sure your TPS is all in spec? That out of wack can make for some funky idling at times. You'll have to get some feeler gauges and probably have to pull it to test it (actually maybe not, I'm thinking I had to pull my whole throttle body w/ the tps, but that was in my van, so you may not have to on a 4runner since you can get to it easier.)

I don't have the exact link, but 4crawler.com (I think that's Roger Brown's website) has some really good tips on how to check your TPS.
    My signature

It is my 86 22rte turbo rebuilt 2 years ago new ct20 turbo new 2.5 in exhaust.new radiator, new OME suspension. auto tranny shifts well. recently tuned

hows the wastegate lookin?

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

wastegate is good

think this could be my prob??? I feel a large vac leak

looks like that could be your problem, any idea where that hose is or where it goes?

I'm kinda curious where that hose goes as well.

If I'm reading the the picture in the link correctly, it looks like there is just supposed to be a plug in that hole on your plenum (instead of that fitting). Link:
    http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_198...html?hl=17129F

I don't know anything about turbos, but I'm wondering if that fitting is part of a manual boost controller.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Dan, it also looks like it might be this:
    http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_198...html?hl=17129H

It says that part is only on those W/ PS so maybe those lines run to the power steering?
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast