Thread: "Will Tattoo TOYOTA symbol on myself for a new engine"

"Will Tattoo TOYOTA symbol on myself for a new engine"

And you thought you loved Toyota's!

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ctd/1128581633.html

Will Tattoo TOYOTA symbol on myself for a new engine - 1994 4Runner - $2300 (Anchorage)

Just what it says... I'll have the Toyota emblem tattooed on myself as a permanent advertisement, will do any marketing/PR -within reason- to promote local dealership that takes me up on the offer and am available if you have any questions that the following does not answer. All in exchange for a *new* 3VZE Remanufactured Long block engine, water pump included, install not required -i have people, for my 1994 SR5 4Runner.

I LOVE my 4Runner but I've put it through alot over the years, I've had some crazy cross-country adventures, fun with off-roading and scrapes with the law etc. I've driven the Alcan in a leisurely10 days and I've made it from here to Vancouver in under 2 days, Its been around the world 10 times if you go by mileage and I hope to go from Alaska to the far tip of South America one day. Its been my home, my best friend, my getaway car, my hideout, and my most loyal confidant. This truck has pushed cargo containers, pulled 1/2 ton pickups, saved lives from dark icy corners & snowy ridges, and spared many lonely travelers' wary marches through the wild outdoors.Its suffered through a few operations I've painstakingly undertaken on my own from changing the calipers, doing a full brake job, a couple mufflers, new water pump and replacing the radiator to rewiring the sound system to name a few.

I know my truck inside and out. I once had to take off the drive shaft mid-trip and throw it into the back seat because the bolts shook loose from a rough ride. I've had curious black bears check their reflection in my front bumper while camping in Canada. I've had curious BMWs check out my rear bumper but no harm no foul, I've been on ferries, through streams, over mountains and once almost got hit by a train (*refer to Aclan trip #7: Sleep Deprivation-46 hrs, not recommended). But her riding days have been put on hold. She is sick, though not fatal. She's running on 5 of her 6 cylinders among other hiccups and I think its time she were rewarded with a new engine (remanufactured, shipped direct from good ol' US, Oregon company).
    Now that you know my truck maybe you'd care to know just a few things about me. I'm a slim girl, 6' tall, ride my bike when I'm not working or sitting in my 4runner daydreaming of good times, and always up for just about anything that could get me into trouble or occasionally someone else out of it. But my superwoman days are no more as I don't have my trusty sidekick.

So... here goes...DEAR TOYOTA PEOPLE... to whom it may concern:
    Please help reunite me with my most reliable pal. The marketing/advertising potential could possibly help you sell atleast 1 shiny new truck off the lot and all I'm asking for is a transplant of a vital organ for my old girl. Id say that's worth the trade. My tattoo for your generosity and understanding. If nothing else I've had fun telling part of my story and hope you've enjoyed reading it.
    Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Re: "Will Tattoo TOYOTA symbol on myself for a new engine"

Apparently I don't love my Toyota that much! lol
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

All that for a reman 3.SLO!

He should at least be asking for a 3.4 swap or a diesel since he's up north. :P
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    All that for a reman 3.SLO!

He should at least be asking for a 3.4 swap or a diesel since he's up north. :P
    X2, I was thinking that the whole time reading it.

You know what I just thought about though, I never got some pron of those shackle hangers mounted on your rig though..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Hell, if she wasn't in Alaska I'd go over and try to diagnose/fix it just for the laugh that story gave me.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Hell, if she wasn't in Alaska I'd go over and try to diagnose/fix it just for the laugh that story gave me.
    That's a good point! All you single guys out there, you could snag yourself a Toyota loving, tall, slender Alaska Girl for the price of an engine!!! Maybe she looks like Jewel!?

You could sweet talk her into the 3.4L swap and it would be love at first drive

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Thats a sure fire way to buy a woman..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Dang! I missed that it was a woman! I wonder if it will be a "tramp stamp" tattoo.

Scuba, LOL, that's because I haven't mounted them yet. I figure I better wait till I have shackles, otherwise they are useless.
    My signature

Navigator

thats great... but definitely should ask for a 3.4... since it bolts straight into everything she has already...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Scuba, LOL, that's because I haven't mounted them yet. I figure I better wait till I have shackles, otherwise they are useless.
    haha, well you have a good point.
    I bought mine a 4xconnection.
    40 shipped I think..Not bad..
    DO EEEETT