Thread: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Dual Din headunit

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Dual Din headunit

I had an integration issue a while back with how to professionally get my Ipod to work with my stock head unit. No amount of tape adapters, or FM modulators would work. I did find a unit from USA Spec that allowed the Ipod to be connected to the stock head unit in the form of a 6 disc cd changer (6 play lists with less than 100 songs each). While this had it's draw back it worked for some time but started to work less and less leaving me with no happy music to drive by. My wife and I are expecting our first child in late July and had things we would need. Hmmm I though how about a Head unit with auxiliary av in to watch the baby while on the road whether day or night. And of course add to that the seamless integration of my ipod and well I'm a happy camper. I have yet to purchase the camera's for back up and baby watching but the lines are run. The head unit installed and it very clean, likely one of the easiest installs as far of lack of problems. I didn't use the supplied trim ring as there is very little clearance and it fits super tight.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Re: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Dual Din headunit

Looks good. I want to do something like this in the future with the added feature of GPS too.

sweet deal. I like that you can change the buttons to green, the one thing i hate about my blue pioneer deck .
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA's ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi's ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT's ~ LC Rims

How easy is it to navigate through the list of bands? I dated a girl one time that had a stereo hooked up to an ipod, had to scroll through the whole list 6 bands at a time, horrible! I want to find a head unit for my new truck that works exactly like the ipod itself, it will always go back to where you were in the list.

oh and how much?
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but I'll give my take on it...

Never having an ipod hooked to a HU before, I'm very pleased with this Pioneer interface. For example, say you have the source selected as Ipod and you're listening to the 15th track in a list of 50. Half way thru the song, you decide you want to see what's on the radio. You click the Source Menu and change the source to Radio and now you're listening to the radio. After a few minutes, you become annoyed at all the commercials playing, so you click the Source menu again and switch back to Ipod. The music picks right back up from where you left off in the middle of track 15 . Of course if you ever unplug your ipod to take it with you and later plug it back in, you will lose your place in the music.

Me and XC paid only $399 for ours here: Click Me. However, I just noticed it's since gone up to $409 on their site. Although that's still a good deal...I've seen some online retailers asking $550 for it.

EDIT: Don't know too much about this place, but they're offering it still for $399: Click Me
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me