we really miss our 03 4runner sport v8. crashed it a couple of months ago and were contemplating on what to buy, either a new 4runner or a slightly used land cruiser. our 03 was a sport v8 so we loved the power but didnt like the mpg that much (17mpg on highway). is it worth getting the 4runner with a v6? slightly better mpg and im pretty sure both can take 87 octane. our v8 was 230 hp and the new v8s are 260hp with vvti, must be nice.

also, what should i be expecting to pay for a new 4runner? close to invoice? i know there is a 1500 rebate out.

but then i was also thinking of a 03 land cruiser/lx470, i can probably pick one of those up for the same price as a new 4runner but may have to travel to get a nice clean 1-owner type. i specified 03 because pre-03 they had the 4spd trannys in all lc/lxs.

we also drove a fj cruiser, loved the ride and power but its just not so practical, for the same price we can get a new 4runner which has much more room and would probably sell easier if need be.

if you vote, please explain your choice, thanks for the help.

btw, congrats on the new forum, it looks nice.