Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's M-762 Trailer Buildup

Re: why you should never give me 500 dollars:

awesome!

how thick are they? im worried they are going to end up sending the wheels too far away from the trailer, and ill look like one of those silly LT'd F150 with fat tires sticking out.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I think they are about 2" thick. I can get them down tomorrow and measure them. I'll go through my paypal to find out what I paid for them.

Here's a pic of them with a 31x10.5x15 tire on a stock toyota rim (4.75" backspacing) It sticks out a yittle bit.

Here's a pic of what I have, michelons on the trailer's stock rims
    My signature

I might also have some bushings for that shock. I'll have to look in my box o' crap to see if I saved my old shocks I took off. They should still have the bushings in them.

You can also still find NOS shocks pretty cheap on ebay too.
    My signature

BURN! I didnt know I was THAT easy! lol. Im doing great these days. How are you?
    "Your love for me is founded in a sentiment. My love for you is founded in the body. A precarious interchange." - Mason Cooley

excellent now that i have a trailer! haha.

thanks chris. i might go try to find some cheapo tires that will fit that rim, i hear 245/75r16 will fit with an innertube.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Nice Score!

Are you planning to use it as is or build it into an expedition trailer?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

thanks!

both. for the foreseeable future, it will stay roughly unmodified. first major upgrades will be axle and hubs to accept matching wheels and tires. after that, it will get a removable box made for it, with a roof top tent and all the other wonderfulness.

part of getting this trailer is getting a usable utility trailer. something we can take to home depot, load up with bags of concrete, plywood, soil, plants, etc, etc. then the next weekend i can go use it to buy steel, and then use it to go camping the weekend after that. so all camping/expedition mods will conform to its dual purpose nature.

Sean, good luck finding some tires, that's the way I would go first as well. Hopefully you can find some cheapo takeoffs from someones civilian trailer or truck.

This is the size I'm running on the stock military rim and no tube: LT215 85 R16 Michelin LTX AT fits perfect.

Maybe you'll get lucky and find the right size.
    My signature

These might help

http://www.archive.org/details/Techn...ilerCargo14Ton
    Manual

Where i get my trailer supplies:
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...4726_200334726

At first i looked at it and said get new hubs from Northern, i found the manual looking for the spindle size. Looking thru the manual i had the idea of just re drilling the drum and hub for a 6 on 5.5 pattern. would at most cost you a drill bit and a set of wheel studs.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    At first i looked at it and said get new hubs from Northern, i found the manual looking for the spindle size. Looking thru the manual i had the idea of just re drilling the drum and hub for a 6 on 5.5 pattern. would at most cost you a drill bit and a set of wheel studs.
    Reggie, the problem is that these are 5 on 5.5, so it isn't possible to redrill to 6 on 5.5 without partially hitting some of the holes already there. That is why all the adapters for this setup have to be the two piece design.
    My signature

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast