Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's M-762 Trailer Buildup

Re: why you should never give me 500 dollars:

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    At first i looked at it and said get new hubs from Northern, i found the manual looking for the spindle size. Looking thru the manual i had the idea of just re drilling the drum and hub for a 6 on 5.5 pattern. would at most cost you a drill bit and a set of wheel studs.
    Reggie, the problem is that these are 5 on 5.5, so it isn't possible to redrill to 6 on 5.5 without partially hitting some of the holes already there. That is why all the adapters for this setup have to be the two piece design.
    Scraps that idea, unless the holes could be welded up and redrilled.

if you wanted the 6 on 5.5 it looks like you would have to make your own.
    Looking at probably 200 to get the spindles and hubs plus the cost of steel to make the tube.

I did find this site:
    http://www.jeepsonly.com/project1/m416.html

which had some specs, looks like the hubs are 1 3/8" inner and 1 1/16" outer. which are smaller than the 6 on 5.5 hubs inner 1 1/4 Outer Bearing Size (in.) 1 3/4

Then had the idea "use a Toyota rear axle then you'll have all kinds of spare parts".

WRONG.
    looks like the trailer is 49" wide, and a rear axle is pushing 58.5"

I would probably do the spacers from Chris and get some wider fenders

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...25?cm_vc=C5503

??

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

chris, let me know how much on the spacers. i dont mind widening the fenders a little. i can BARELY see this thing in the mirrors right now and wouldnt mind some extra viewing angle.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

What does a trailer like this weigh?

from what im finding on the internet, about 600 pounds curb weight.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Really? It seems like they would weigh a bunch more especially with the chains and tongue support leg thingy. This is mine and it weighs 420 pounds without the wood.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/Trailer/DSC06769.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Really? It seems like they would weigh a bunch more especially with the chains and tongue support leg thingy. This is mine and it weighs 420 pounds without the wood.
    Yeah, an empty 416 like mine is 670lbs. so that should be similar since it's the same frame and running gear, just a platform vs the tub and then it has that extra thing on the tongue.

Sean, do you know what that riser thing is for on the tongue?

Yeah it should be fairly easy to widen the fenders. I'll send you a PM about the adapters.

My signature

I just figured mine was a little lightweight trailer. I have to lift it over a 2 foot retainer to get it out of my backyard and I can do it pretty easily. These military trailers just look beef and for some reason I figured they weighed much more. I mean look at those leaf springs, it even has shocks.

.50 cal mount?
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Sean, do you know what that riser thing is for on the tongue?
    it is to mount a lunette ring up higher, my guess is to tow the trailer behind something like a deuce and a half. it adds quite a bit of weight to the tongue, but i dont think i could bring myself to chop it off!

thanks for the offer on the spacers, ill let you know by friday when i make a decision.

Could the lunette ring mount be modified to use as a spare tire(s) mount?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast