Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG BEAR!!!!!

BIG BEAR!!!!!

JULY 31- AUGUST 2 SAME PLACE WE CAMPED LAST TIME
    so lets try something closer to home how about a big bear run!!!!!??? .... who is ready for some wheeling?
    directions to the camp site/ meet spot
    from 38
    take 38 into town make right at Green way dr where it runs into 18 ....
    go till you see the sign to turn on 38 (left)
    go about a mile to van dusen canyon road (right)
    go up van dusen canyon to 3n16 make right
    about a mile or so we will be camped on the left i have a silver dodge ram quad cab with a white flatbed trailer and red 4 runner

I will also be putting out a traffic cone with reflectors and a glow stick for the night time arrivals....usually we roll out of camp around 8 or 9so for the early morning arrivals try to be there around then
    where we camp there is plenty of room for tents, trailers, or rvs
    no fires are allowed ( bummer) and if you want to use a stove or lantern you will need to obtain a fire permit from the rangers (closest place is at the big bear discovery center about 2 miles past van dusen canyon rd on 38
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Re: BIG BEAR!!!!!

well see how broke i am after my oregon trip, but i should be good to go. i wanna take my trailer up gold mountain! should be fun on the switch backs! hahahaha
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

any weekend work better for you?
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

nah just pick a date that works for everyone else. its only 1.5 hours from my driveway to most of the campsites on the north side of the lake, so no problems for me.

i really liked where we camped last time, that was a nice spot and somewhere i will camp again in the future!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Gold mountain was FUN !!!
    Let just not mention John bull..

But um, as for dates, Doesnt really matter, Id say early august though..

I is down, just pick a date..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Let just not mention John bull..
    well since you mentioned it, how was john bull? hahaha.

i should be able to make the second weekend of august(8th-9th). im outa here at the end of july

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz

well since you mentioned it, how was john bull? hahaha.
    This basically says it all [img width=800 height=600]http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp27/Hooligan750/100_1856.jpg[/img]

That was on the first obstacle..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

well that sucks!

i feel your pain. this is where i got my door last year:
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.

you guys really arnt selling this trip to me lol.

sean what was the line there? it looks like it all funnels quite drasticly to the offending boulder

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast