Thread: MTZ's vs. Destination MT's

MTZ's vs. Destination MT's

Just bought a Black 99 4runner Highlander editon with E-Locker and I'm going to build it much like my last 3rd gen. Anyway I'm not sure if I wanted to do MTZ's again or try something different and get the Firestone Destination MT's. Let me know what you would get. Any other suggestions are welcome but I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two. Thanks!

Here's a pic of my last 3rd gen:

Re: MTZ's vs. Destination MT's

I much like the MTs, seen them up close and personal and talked to my bud at the firestone store-they are awesome. I almost bought them not to long ago..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I've had the Destinations and didn't think they cleaned out too well. They also lost traction easily during wet weather. I got them for a good price at the time and that's why I got them (305x70x16's for 760 OTD). I didn't consider them when I bought a new set though.

I'm thinking I'll probably just stick with the MTZ's

from someone who has had both, MTZs all the way, a tinnny bit better in wet weather, but a lot better in the mud
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I had the Dest. MTs on the 99, and LOVED them, but I had mine sipped. I got 50K out of the first step, so I got another set, mine stuck like glue on the rocks, snow and in the rain, when my "minivan" tires wear, Im probley going with them again.
    How many miles are people getting out of the MTZs ?????
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz