Thread: 88 4Runner rear window wont go down

88 4Runner rear window wont go down

I know this is a common problem for these trucks (due to age most likely). Mine finally stopped workin.

Anyone know what to look for?

I am sure its not the motor. I say this because after I took the tailget panel off to get to the window, I hit the window switch and the window went up and down once. But I cant get it to do it again.

Any idears?
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Re: 88 4Runner rear window wont go down

what would the 1st gen 4runner crowd do without Roger Brown?

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...arWindow.shtml

1st things to check:
    1) the "bolt" switch for the top (use a wire to jumper the 2 terminals in the connector and eliminate this - you can reach it from the opening for the jack, window won't work if the top is off anyway because the wiper will be disconnected)
    2) is the wiper arm all the way up?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: 88 4Runner rear window wont go down

Fixed. found a borken wire
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush