Thread: need opinons on cost of custom bumpers

need opinons on cost of custom bumpers

noobie question again but what is a ball park figure for these two bumpers made with reasonably good materials. the front bumper id like with a front hitch mount for the winch instead of mounted to the bumper if that drastically changes cost. i really have no idea other then the prebuilt market would be 1200ish to buy them, if they were avalible, from what i can find. nobody makes nice tube stuff for 3rd gens and i also dont know if theres a real reason for that.

perfect front style:

perfect rear style(pictures stolen from 20005spd):
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/20005spd/DSC00505.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=450]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/20005spd/field%20and%20forrest/DSC00473.jpg[/img]

Re: need opinons on cost of custom bumpers

I wouldn't pay more than $500 each for bumpers. Find a good fab shop and tell them what your looking for. I'm sure many are dieing for work right now. I got a quote for a non winch tube front bumper from the shop that did the rear bumper above and it was $350.

damn 350? thats a great price. i love there rear bumper but there on the other coast

can you just go in with pictures and drawings? the rear one is pretty straight forward but id have a hard time describing the front

If you can give them a picture and leave your rig, they should be able to come pretty darn close to what you want. Don't forget to make sure they understand that if there are any questions to give you a call for clarifiaction . . . also wouldn't be a bad idea to draw a few sketches: front view, side view, top view (use graph paper and mark what the scale is, ex: 1 square=2")
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Comparing to off the shelf pieces price wise is foolish.

Around here, it is a rare shop that bills at much less than $60 an hour. Figure at least 10 hours in a bumper with plate, maybe less in tube but I don't work with tube, plus materials.

It is tough starting an open ended ticket, I had a hassle like that from a customer side.

It is also tough to "bid" a job and eat a lot of bucks, taking 20 to complete and billing for 12 to make it affordable.

Find a shop you like and trust, I would be impressed if they could pull of, only painted, either of those bumpers one off for less than $500 per.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

FWIW...I'm with the Cheeseburger on this one.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000