Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card Assistance

Graphics Card Assistance

We just picked up a 20" View Sonic flat screen from Costco (Model VX2033wm) and my graphics card can't do 1600x900 screen resolution. Can anyone help me find a replacement card to match my monitors capabilities? I've looked on Newegg.com and I'm out of my league

Here's my computers stats:
    eMachine D2880
    Celeron 2.66GHz Processor
    2GB of ram
    Display adapter: Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Thanks,

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Re: Graphics Card Assistance

hrm. do you know if you have an AGP or PCI-E slot?

they look like this:

agp in brown:

PCI-E:
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Well, This may not be a good thing... I don't think I have either

[img width=800 height=600]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/Erich_870/P1040790.jpg[/img]

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

regular PCI. im not sure if you can even find pci cards anymore.

my suggestion, build a new computer! haha.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Dang, I thought you were going to say that.

It's all my wifes fault, but that will help me selling her on it.

I may have luck with a local computer repair shop, but what would I search for online?

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

no one makes pci video cards that i can find.

new motherboard is in order. building a computer is very easy.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buy...should-i-buy/2
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buy...should-i-buy/3

you have an E machine.

I don't know for sure if an off the shelf motherboard will fit your case.

It really would be easier to get a new computer.
    Just of the top of my head with out looking at a lot of websites, the last 3 computers i have bought have been factory refurbished ones at Frys. paid 300 for one 400-500 for the others.

Use the 2nd newest right now as i type, the newest i gave to Pop's for his birthday last year, and the oldest i have out in the garage waiting to go in the reloading room.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Not 100% on being able to change out the VC but i haven't had a problem with the ones i got.

Got to get the Dude to School so i didn't have much time:

http://www.frys.com/product/5873833?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

something like this should work.
    if your looking to do movies too, a inexpensive speaker set up will get you decent enough sound till you can set it up to a full blown system.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Building a new computer would be sweet, but I can't afford that right now, plus, there's nothing wrong with my current one. If I can't find a PCI card that will work, the monitor will have to go back to Costco

Won't this guy work for what I need? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130477

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

that might work (and im wondering why that didnt come up when i searched for "PCI" earlier...

if its a fairly new machine, it should support pci2.1. worth a try for 30 bucks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast