Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Graphics Card Assistance

Re: Graphics Card Assistance

Wanna trade? Just got a new dog a month ago, and they fix them before they let you adopt them. Stitches they used cause a reaction and the thing wont heal, so I had to take the dog back 2 hours north of me, drop her off (well my mom did that), and I get home late last night from a bad night at work and find the dog sitting in her crate-covered in feces wearing one of those collars.. Then I had to clean it all up!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

In case you guys are curious, I bought the rest of my kick-arse machine. Quad-core processor, 8 gb of ram, SLI mobo This thing will be fast as hell, just the way I like it I should be able to max out the graphics settings on most any game available, and crank through HD video no problemo!

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad-Core Black Edition Processor- $190

ASUS M4N72-E AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard- $135

OCZ Platinum Edition 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)- $90

I ended up going with the AMD Phenom II Black edition due to excellent ratings from MaximumPC and users. It's pretty significantly faster than the Core 2 Quads I was looking at too. For the mobo I have had good experiences with Asus, and I wanted an nForce 750 chipset with onboard audio and stuff.

So up to this point I've spent a little over $600 on the mobo, cpu, ram, and graphics card; so for about $800 you've got a full computer. I've already got a case with a 700 watt power supply, DVD burner, and about 600 gb of hard drives, so I won't have to buy anything else. That's really not bad at all when you look at the components. Staying on the "trailing edge" of the technology curve instead of the "cutting edge" is a nice way to do it IMO, I'm not interested in paying the premiums for an Intel Core i7 cpu with triple-channel DDR3 ram.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Wanna trade? Just got a new dog a month ago, and they fix them before they let you adopt them. Stitches they used cause a reaction and the thing wont heal, so I had to take the dog back 2 hours north of me, drop her off (well my mom did that), and I get home late last night from a bad night at work and find the dog sitting in her crate-covered in feces wearing one of those collars.. Then I had to clean it all up!
    I'll take dog $hi! over a pissed wife any day of the week, but that's just me

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    In case you guys are curious, I bought the rest of my kick-arse machine. Quad-core processor, 8 gb of ram, SLI mobo This thing will be fast as hell, just the way I like it I should be able to max out the graphics settings on most any game available, and crank through HD video no problemo!

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Quad-Core Black Edition Processor- $190

ASUS M4N72-E AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard- $135

OCZ Platinum Edition 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)- $90

I ended up going with the AMD Phenom II Black edition due to excellent ratings from MaximumPC and users. It's pretty significantly faster than the Core 2 Quads I was looking at too. For the mobo I have had good experiences with Asus, and I wanted an nForce 750 chipset with onboard audio and stuff.

So up to this point I've spent a little over $600 on the mobo, cpu, ram, and graphics card; so for about $800 you've got a full computer. I've already got a case with a 700 watt power supply, DVD burner, and about 600 gb of hard drives, so I won't have to buy anything else. That's really not bad at all when you look at the components. Staying on the "trailing edge" of the technology curve instead of the "cutting edge" is a nice way to do it IMO, I'm not interested in paying the premiums for an Intel Core i7 cpu with triple-channel DDR3 ram.
    I could never afford to buy any of the games or programs necessary to make that system break a sweat!

Hand me a copy of Solid works, Civil 3D and Bend Tech and I'd be in heaven

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    I could never afford to buy any of the games or programs necessary to make that system break a sweat!

Hand me a copy of Solid works, Civil 3D and Bend Tech and I'd be in heaven

Erich
    Meh, I let my employer pay for Solidworks. I did hear a rumor that if you have a valid licensed version of Solidworks on your work computer, you can get a copy for free for your home computer; I'll have to ask the Soldiwroks distributor about that...
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Meh, I let my employer pay for Solidworks. I did hear a rumor that if you have a valid licensed version of Solidworks on your work computer, you can get a copy for free for your home computer; I'll have to ask the Soldiwroks distributor about that...
    I know we have that option for Microsoft Office 2007, but AutoCAD isn't handing out extra copies of C3D

We use network licesnes anyway, not stand along copies.

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Brian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234