Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Gone Wild

Police Gone Wild

no flashing tata's here, and I'm not sure it 100% fits this forum, but close enough I guess. Just wanted to start a thread with rediculous acts of law enforcement by the bad examples . . . don't get me wrong, I have a general respect for most law enforcement and realize it's a tough job, but some cops really do go too far. I'll start:

video shows officer shove, then taser 72-year-old great grandmother
    http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/06/...d-grandmother/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YExclX4Gc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvBYoSst9rQ
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: Police Gone Wild

As a general rule I live by: Most cops arent your friends..they would rather arrest you than help you.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Power corrupts, however a person with good morals, and decency will use the law accordingly. Police do not have an easy job, it is the loudest and stupidest that give them a bad name. That being said, I respect police, but also respect my rights given to me in the constitution.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

While it seems like the officer may have overreacted, that lady wouldn't have had any problems if whe just signed the ticket and drove away.

Instead she argued and squared off with him, big mistake. If a shaved-head gangbanger did the exact same thing no one would bat an eye at a tazer being used, so why is it ok for a crotchety old lady to be abusive?
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Power corrupts, however a person with good morals, and decency will use the law accordingly. Police do not have an easy job, it is the loudest and stupidest that give them a bad name. That being said, I respect police, but also respect my rights given to me in the constitution.
    well stated . . . . . you have heard about Phoenix Joint Terrorism Task Force and their view of your constitutional rights though, right?
    http://seclists.org/politech/2001/Nov/0080.html
    http://www.infowars.com/constitutional_terrorists.htm

seems very McCarthy-ist to me . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Agreed Keith....

and sadly, or proudly, depending on how you look at it, I can pick out more than one of those terms which I would say my neighbors could drop on me. 'Course they all feel the same way I do.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

A word to the wise: Guys, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. I understand we need to monitor the various govt. forces which have authority to take freedom and lives, but threads like this can get nutz.

Out of respect for those who've participated before and anticipating tempered discussion, I'll allow it to continue. But at the first sign that the discussion has curdled into flagrant and wonton cop bashing, this thread will vanish.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

An old saying in Holland, if you're not got for anythings else, you can always join the police.

I comes to mind quite often when I see traffic enforcement around here.

I get especially funny if they get interviewed on TV when there was a car accident or something:
    Standard comment: "speed was a factor in this accident"

Sure sunshine, if there is no speed, then things don't move, if they don't move they are unlikely to collide.

I think part of the problem here in Canada, is that criminals are out on the street in no time, which makes it frustrating for police to do their work.

That sort of situations also prevent 'good' people from joining the police. It has to be an attractive job, especially for smart people which are very employable elsewhere.
    There are a lot of good cops out there, but I've run into grumpy unreasonable a-holes also. Just like anybody else, you'll need to get to know the person before you can judge them.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Is it bad that overall on the road no one ever pulls my company vans over? Really, I seriously get sick and tired of stop and go and usually will go thru a yellow light. No cops bother us. Maybe its the lightbar, maybe its the emergency logos?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

one model i shot from an agency is a cop, very sweet and kind, but she has told me their are more jerks then good guys in her division, i probably shouldnt be saying this.

i havent dealt with an ahole really though
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast