Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Valley mine exploring trip (Nov 13-15th) POSTPONED

Re: Death Valley mine exploring trip (Nov 13-15th)

im glad theres some interest in this one! it should be a really fun time. these mines have alot of "artifacts" intact and are just huge. they are well documented with pictures and websites but luckly aliases and there remoteness has kept the vandals away.

mojave underground just posted there video they made over in utah. this will give people a good idea of what to expect. the mine they are in is a similar age to the ones we are headed to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sHbsdG97mU

Hell, this sounds fun. I think I might try to make this.
    T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

That video is cool. I am all about this run.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

what started out as an alternate event for Friday night in case the cabin was occupied has turned into the new plan.
    friday night will be spent at Ibex Springs ghost town.
    http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/ibexspring.html

the old Ibex camp is actually a bit of an oasis complete with palm trees. the ruins are from various stages in this areas life but should make for a good camping spot. the area has lots of mining structures still standing and the Ibex hard rock mine is located a ways to the northwest but may be a challenging 4x4 trail.

Ibex talc mine very near to the camp site:

also i now have a very detailed google earth file of this trip. i will send it out to those who are going just pm me if you are interested

Navigator

it looks like a LOT of fun, but im not sure if ill be able to make it financially... well see when it gets closer...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I had not seen any activity on this trip in awhile. Good to see there is still interest in it. Cannot wait to go!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

nice! yea ill update the original post with people that are coming. i think its so far ahead that its hard to commit to.

I'm definitely interested, won't be 100% until the kids school and sports schedules are firmed up in mid September. If you have room I'd say I'm 70% in.

Looks like a great time.

Rob

93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

unfortunatly i have to postpone this trip since ill be away for work from oct-jan. when i get back the trip will be high priority but i can say for sure other then most likly in jan-feb. if anyone would like to push forward on the origanal dates, just contact me for the google earth file that out lines everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast