Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tune Up Checklist

Re: Tune Up Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by strykersd
    Check your hoses. I had one tear on my car on the way back from Arizona a few weeks ago, in turn causing my head gasket to blow. Luckily I was able to patch up the hose and limp it back the last 150 miles
    Ouch..
    Thanks for the heads up, Ill be sure to give them all a check while doing all the work this weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHH
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    You say have.. So it sounds like you mean free?
    If you want them, they are yours. For free.
    15's..?

If they were 16's I would jump on it, but I really dont need another set of 15's..

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    check your brakes, have the fluid flushed out at least a week before you heading out, so you have few days to check if it needs to be re-bled, so are the other items, give yourself some time to double check.
    Brakes are new all around, And I flushed them not too long ago during the locker install, Bled them again during lift install

grease the drive line.
    Did that 2 weeks ago

battery fluid level
    Will do

check the AC see if it needs a refill. you don't wanna mess with the texas heat.
    Ac was recharged during the repairs from the accident, Still blows ice so im not worried about it

save your band new M/T, you're gonna get tired very quickly with the highway noise. cker will eat them like no tomorrow.

Trust me, I wish I could, But I really dont have any other option, They are on my dads 4runner now (which is actually in an impound yard (dont ask)..

5 quarts gear oil, Valve cover gasket, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, and pcv valve and grommet.
    Forgot to get the electric conector cleaner for the MAF and tps, Will get that before the weekend.

The way the miles are going im probably going to have my oil change needed to be done next week, so that should be good..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

15's..?

If they were 16's I would jump on it, but I really dont need another set of 15's..
    Yeah, 15's. No problem, just thought I would offer.

use only "MAF" cleaner. electric contact cleaner is more harsh.

94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Seafoam ( im just going to put a little bit in the gas, Something about the crankcase crap scares me
    1/2 qt. Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase . . . or if you can get it from a someone at a dealership use BG MOA - my friend (auto/large truck engineer) uses BG MOA in all of his race cars (500hp open wheel and the open wheel Formula SAE w/ CBR929 engine) and he swears it, says you can see a very thin red film on everything (bearings included) during tear-downs
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHH
    15's..?

Yeah, 15's. No problem, just thought I would offer.
    Now that I think about it, I just might take you up on that offer.
    I need some street tires....
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Just so you know, one of them has a tire on it, that you would have to discard.

Let me know when you're heading through AZ.

Done.

Fuel filter was a biotch, But it could have been alot worse I think..
    Pcv wasnt as bad as I have experienced with the 22re's..

Tranny, Tcase, And front diff fluid is all done.

Wheeling this weekend

Where in tx are you going?

San Antonio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12