Thread: Dual axle built up 85?

Dual axle built up 85?

I wish I coulda got a pic, was dropping my T100 off at my friends shop and my brother was giving me a ride back.

We see this insane built up Toyota minitruck. It was white, iirc x-cab possibly. Had a full exocage made out of square tubing and a flatbed as well as a roofrack with 2 tires on it and even a custom front squaretube bumper. It also had, get this-2 rear axles! Yes thats right it was a deuce toyota truck.

I really wish I coulda got a pic, anyone know of this truck or seen it before? Was amazing!!!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Dual axle built up 85?

What, cmon somebodys gotta know of this awesome truck? Maybe someone who has a pirate account can ask over there.

A long time ago there was a guy with a Samurai that had mini dualley axles front and back. He had little 31" boggers on it. He used to do a lot of events. I think his rig was orange.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    A long time ago there was a guy with a Samurai that had mini dualley axles front and back. He had little 31" boggers on it. He used to do a lot of events. I think his rig was orange.
    the one with the clear lexan floorboards?

I think CJM is talking about 2 rear axles like the TRex Dodge
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

I said 2 rear axles, not a dually.

Thats what made this thing so impressive, 6 wheeled, full square cage and flatbed, looked to be an 85 possibly, decent lift, insane front square tube bumper. I shoulda chased the guy down.

Oh gotcha. Probably not the ones but there are/were companies that do this.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/s.../ppuser/110645

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/ecars/2...301-6x6au.html

Ever been to Texas?
    http://dieselpower.automotive.com/69...6x6/index.html

Then there is 6X6USA. They finally went out of business. I'm surprised they were around so long with all the bad press about them.

Similar idea to all of those mike, but like I said it was def a yota.

Sounds pretty awesome. I'd be curious to see how they got the power to the third axle.

There was a guy on pirate doing a 6X6 build up using a np205 (IIRC) tcase with dual rear outputs. It was on an old Power Wagon or Jeep or something. I'm not sure if the project ever got finished though.

There was also a guy with a 6x6 old chevy truck that ran parts from a reversed 2nd tcase behind the stock tcase.

Maybe this guy had rockwells, which would be a bit easier for a 6x6 conversion.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

No idea really, I wish I could find more info about him/his truck.