Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's California, Oregon, Washington trip 2009

Seanz0rz's California, Oregon, Washington trip 2009

Well we are starting the trail today! Had a rough night last night sleeping in the truck. No hotels and it was pouring rain.

Eating at jerry's in lakeview, OR (highly recommended!)

I'll update as I can. Taking lots of pictures!

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Oregon Back Country Discovery Route 6-21 - ?

Cool man. Did you guys all sleep in the truck?

Well sweet! Looking forward to reading about this!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Well sweet! Looking forward to reading about this!
    X2.

I'll definitely be following this thread. Have fun and stay safe out there!

im now sitting in a motel room in Lakeview, OR.

thats how well this trip is going...

pictures to follow soon.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

How's the weather been holding up? I noticed Lakeview has a frost advisory out for tonight.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

heres the first clue we should have turned back:

after making it about 15 miles in, through some nasty boggy mud, i finally got stuck in a snow drift:

1 hour later and i turn around (i have video of this to come later) after walking up the trail and seeing even larger and deeper snow. we just decided to cancel the trip. about 50 yards back down, we hit this:

that took over 4 hours to get out of. it would snow for about 30 minutes and then be super clear for another half hour. snow would melt, sucking me even deeper into the mud. coupled with not sleeping for over 30 hours, i was done. all i wanted was to get out. we finally dug the 4runner out, not after ruining several pairs of shoes, several articles of clothing, and a few floormats.

trip is over... we plan on just doing some normal campsites along the highway.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Now when you say cancel the trip?

Looks like you need a winch for that there winch bumper.

once we got stuck in the snow, we knew we coulnt do it. it was snowing while we were working on extracting the 4runner from snow, stopped when we finished, and started again just after i got stuck in the mud.

even if i had a winch, im not sure i would have been able to use it. no trees to winch off of from the mud pit. a pull pal would have worked great though! its now on my list of stuff to buy when i have money some day.

for my parents, it wasnt worth soggy camping. if it was me and you guys, i would have been game, but i dont need to put my parents through that. nothing has really gone particularly well this trip, so we figured we quit while we were still not too far behind!

i guess digging snow in shorts and T's wasn't fun either, .... you don't need a stink'n winch, just a bigger shovel.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast