Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seanz0rz's California, Oregon, Washington trip 2009

Re: Seanz0rz's California, Oregon, Washington trip 2009

I wonder how the 4runner would have handled that with a front locker and some swampers. Maybe even some snow chains and a winch. After getting stuck in 2.5ft of fresh snow last winter up in Big Bear I'm building the 4runner up hopefully to be able to go back next year and plow through the fresh snow. These darn BFG ATs won't help much, but hopefully a front locker and snow chains will. Plus I want to pick up one of Harbor Freights new hitch winch mounts so I can mount my winch on the back of the 4runner to pull myself out if need be.

Seeing your pics makes me want to head up to the Pacific Northwest this summer! Thanks for sharing! So are you going to make it up to Big Bear at the end of the month?

No. Not making big bear this time. I might go up with a smaller group later. Not into going with a huge group.

As for tires, some mud tires would be enough. At tires wernt cutting it!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yea MT tires woulda cut it, those ATS just wont work in the snow-bfgs?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Aww that looked like such a nice trip Glad you had fun! Miss you!
    &quot;Your love for me is founded in a sentiment. My love for you is founded in the body. A precarious interchange.&quot; - Mason Cooley

the bfg at were ok in the snow. when i got stuck i spun my tires, melting the snow and it instantly turned to ice. i had to chip the ice away from under the tires with an axe and a shovel.

i also was not aired down at all.

thanks sarah! miss you too!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Airing down might have helped..

Went to this offroad trail system by my house, friend took another friends jeep rubicon. We got stuck in a small mud hole, all lockers going and the tires just wouldnt grab and they were MT's too. My friend refused to air down which might have worked. Instead we had to call someone to get us and go get another truck.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Sean, looks like a good trip, even without getting to do the trail. NIce pics too!

To bad you couldn't come through SLO this time.
    My signature

yeah sorry we couldnt meet up in slo. we were all so exhausted and just wanted to get home as quickly as possible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234