Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh Jury Duty AGAIN!!

Argh Jury Duty AGAIN!!

I got yet another one, will be the third one in 2 years. Again I write, I cannot take off work as I am self employed and it would impose a severe financial hardship if I took even a day off.

This is true, I am 1099 employee which means I am a subcontractor (pay less taxes this way btw) and I am the only worker during the day and getting my shift covered isnt an easy thing. I also have add and sitting still like that, listening to it would probably make me fidget so bad I would explode.

So lets see where this goes. Its not that I dont want to serve, I would be fine with it if you filled out the thing and you were GUARANTEED to be called up. No, I know more than a few people who went thru the whole 9 yards and even showed up for more than a few days and NEVER got called. So they basically wasted time where they could be doing something more productive instead. Shoot my mom went for a week, they paid her the itty bitty money they do and what happens-they never called her. So she took an entire week off work where she coulda made alot of money to be paid less than 50 bucks..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Argh Jury Duty AGAIN!!

I feel your pain, I have to do the same thing. I'm self employed and the sole provider for a family of 4, so I just write in and it has always worked.... so far.... (knocking on wood) Although the way work has been lately, I might make more money if I sit and make $5 a day.
    My signature

my job pays you still, you are supposed to collect your paycheck, and give your government check (from jury duty) to the employer, but they never ask for it, so here you get paid by your real job, and by the court.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Well I refuse to lose 100 dollars a day vs the whole 5 bucks I will get.

Like I said, wouldnt mind if they actually called you period-no they dick you around and then dont bother 99.999 % of the time.

Bummer

Like Chris my job also pays me. I have never had to go, cause I have Law Enforcement in the family.

Go for selection and wear an intensly evil expression on your face. Talk about torture fantasies etc. They'll leave you alone after that...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

They would probably leave me alone once I say "EITHER YOU SELECT ME OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY I WASTED MY ENTIRE DAY HERE WHEN I COULD HAVE MADE TONS MORE MONEY AT MY JOB WHERE I AM SELF EMPLOYED AND THE ONLY WORKER..THANK YOU". I bet that makes it go away..

Do it while wearing this...

...and one of these

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

The mask is fine, Ill fly you in and you can wear the tutu..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast