View Poll Results: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

22 55.00%
  • Nope

15 37.50%
  • Hell it doesn't run!

2 5.00%
  • ok what gives with the lame poll?

1 2.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

I'm curious what kind of membership we have here. I know for the most part many of us drive our junk everywhere but there are a growing number of members who are forced to buy better fuel efficient pos to drive to save money during these trying times. This doesn't mean we're getting rid of the truck but just decommissioned from active duty.

I'll be the first to admit that I really never drove my 4runner daily even from the first day I bought the sucker. But I'm just plain crazy and stupid so I probably don't count. My 4runner isn't a trailer queen so it can still muster the commute but the piss poor fuel efficiency really kills the deal especially when funds are tight. Therefore I get to pimp around in my Honda Accord (yay!)

So tell us your sob story (like I did) in a really short version (hopefully less than 1000 words - haha) on whether your adventure rig is your daily driver or otherwise.

If your daily driver is a pos commuter car then don't forget to show off your ride here! Pimp daily driver rides!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Re: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

DD for me. When I still actually went to 'work' everyday, before I got laid off, I was going to get another vehicle for the daily grind. Lay off came to quick, when I do get a DD, it will be an older 2.2L Outback Sport, gotta' have my Subie.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

mine isnt normanly the daily driver but it is when im working on my car or sand is kicked up by the winds. its nice to not worry about mods and how they will effect your daily drive. also as you mentioned any lengthy drive in a 4runner adds up at the gas pump fast. heres my other cheap as dirt,rice burner with 27 glorious mpg. picture is from veromnt complete with a farm in the background lol

Nice Tib . . . I still have a bit of drool on my chin from the Genesis

I called my 4runner a DD even though it really isn't . . . I do drive it on the weekends wherever I go (gets 20 mpg anyway), but during the week I have a company car to pound pavement with.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

No DD here for me. My truck is the one and only. SWMBO got a new car last year, so I gotta wait until I can get a DD replacement for the truck.
    2000 V6 TRD 5spd <br />-&gt; Boogyman&#39;s Tacoma

I sold my 99 Mazda Protege (which I really liked) when I stopped doing the Ventura to San Diego commuting on weekends. So I do daily drive my 4Runner again but the commute is rediculously short. I think I will just ride my bicycle to work when I fell I don't want to take it or don't want to pay the gas prices again.

THis is a hard decision for me because I just simply like that damned 4Runner so much it is hard not to want to drive it. Ask Marc. I have considered selling it for a newer rig or changing hobbies many times but I can't do it. Our family and friends have had so many good times that are associated with it from the wheelin trips.

My wife still has the Prius so we even out pretty well. Like driving 2 normal MPG cars.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

My vehicle is an adventure to fix.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    My vehicle is an adventure to fix.
    X2

My truck is my daily driver, and thanks to a *insert several profanities* home owners association, the camper is on it as well. Can we all say YAY for 10-12 MPG!!!!!

Anyhoo, it sucks to have to fill up so often, and pay that much. But I ride the bus to work and can walk to and from my bus stop, so it's not absolutely horrid.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    My truck is my daily driver, and thanks to a *insert several profanities* home owners association, the camper is on it as well. Can we all say YAY for 10-12 MPG!!!!!

Anyhoo, it sucks to have to fill up so often, and pay that much. But I ride the bus to work and can walk to and from my bus stop, so it's not absolutely horrid.
    Buy a house and let
    obama give you $8000 in mod money.

My 4runner and 96 civic took a crapper at the same time this week.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast