View Poll Results: Your rig is NOT a DD, is it because you trailer it? Or just have a better DD?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I trailer my rig to trails

4 21.05%
  • I drive my rig to trails

15 78.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If your Adventure Rig is NOT your DD..... vote here.

Re: If your Adventure Rig is NOT your DD..... vote here.

I'd love to have a trailer, but when I look at the money for a trailer and tow rig, I see a whole lot more expensive parts that can go into the truck, and I spend it on that instead LOL
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I tow with my DD, and lucked into a CHEAP trailer.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Wow Tony, as far as trailer queens, looks like we're it. lol.

some day these guys will grow up and become trailer queens

Why don't we have a "both A and B" option?! Hehehe

When we can borrow a trailer, we try to trailer one and drive the other. Sometimes, though, we drive both crawlers to the trail.

Joe and I would like to evenutally get a tractor/trailer (Joe has his Class A) so we can trailer both of our rigs out.

I can dd mine and do on a nice day but not to the trail...on a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaGirl
    Joe and I would like to evenutally get a tractor/trailer (Joe has his Class A) so we can trailer both of our rigs out.
    That would be sweet! You would probably have enough room on the trailer for a camper too (or the short bus).
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Got bored and added myself to the poll, one of 3 trailer rigs on the board, niiiiiice.

The ONLY thing I miss about driving to the trail is running topless and doorless, but thats it. I love getting off the trail and cruising home with the ac on in the comfort of my tundra.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

EXACTLY Heath!!!!

Except I ride home in my Tacoma.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Since I mostly go local and the trails are ten mins from my house, I drive it. If it were a bit more radically modified I'd prolly trailer it. But I like the utility of driving street and trail...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Navigator

the biggest downside i can see to a dd/trail rig is that if you break something on the trail, driving home will be a bit of a beotch... if you just have to drive back to the tow rig (or get pulled back), then winch it onto the trailer it seems like youd be less worried about breaking stuff... for now i cant afford another truck though, and my 4runner has a long way to go to be not street worthy :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12