Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyline Drive Loop, FS Road 084, Francis Peak and Wastach Pond

Skyline Drive Loop, FS Road 084, Francis Peak and Wastach Pond

The original plan for today was to head out with a group from the FJ Cruiser Forum to run Wards Canyon and Skyline Drive but due to my work schedule it didn't happen. Well, come to find out about 1pm I get a text from dispatch that the project I was assigned to tonight had just canceled and I had the night off now.

So needing something to do this afternoon instead of getting some sleep for work tonight I decided to head back up Skyline drive and finish the loop. Truthfully, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy myself the views were awesome, seeing rain storms start and stop, finding some new places for future camping trips and just being out in the open was great. One disappointment I did have have the disrepair of Bountiful Peak Picnic area, most of the picnic tables had weeds coming up though them and the trails to some of the tables and restroom were becoming overgrown.

Ultimately, in the end I ended up running the loop from Bountiful to Farmington, hit up FS Road 084 and some how winding up at the Wasatch-Cache National Forest Pond (I think).

Heading up:

[img width=800 height=129]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/tbox/Skyline%20Drive%20%207-12-09/Panoramic2.jpg[/img]

2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: Skyline Drive Loop, FS Road 084, Francis Peak and Wastach Pond

FS 084:

One of the many mud holes along the way

Heading up to Francis Peak and around:

[img width=800 height=221]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/tbox/Skyline%20Drive%20%207-12-09/Panoramic121.jpg[/img]

Right below the snow-line is next road back to the pond

Snow-melt still in July

Nice pics. We all like 4Runner pics and scenery pics, hard to go wrong there. We need more people posting pics like these.

Wasatch-Cache Pond:

Finally, decided to head back.

Random show melt

So that's all.

Rest of the photo's can be found here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...%20%207-12-09/

Beautiful pics, im really jealous now..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Very nice. Looks like a perfect place to go relax. I bet I could camp out there for weeks.

what were those white globe things? great pics, looks like you had a good time

Nice pictures, looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Great pics, looks like an enjoyable way to spend a few days, or WEEKS.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast