Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im ready for Deer Season now

Im ready for Deer Season now

Went out this morning to sight in the Marlin.
    I had a Leupold 2x7 put on since it will primarily be a brush gun.

sighted in the scope @ 100yds which will be the farthest i can see shooting in the terrain I scouted last week anyway.

Here is the result.
    took 10 rounds, mainly because i messed up and used 3 after talking to my brother as i adjusted and ended up going up 4" instead of down 4"

the three showing are the 3 confirming final ones.

Now all i have to do is get a new battery and change out a tire on the 4Runner and im all set unless my hunting pants don't fit anymore....

Are you ready too??
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Im ready for Deer Season now

oh im ready, but unfortunately down here deer general gun season doesnt start for a couple more months, but im sighted in and ready! mmmm backstrap wrapped in bacon... delish!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Oh hey! Speaking of hunting, you still thinking of pig hunting in hunter liggett? I need to get ahold of a rifle for that.
    My signature

Yep
    Been talking with a couple OT's (old timers) and they said the best time to hunt is a month after the acorns drop. our guess is Drop in Sept so I'm thinking Oct.

Do you have your lic? tags easy enough to get. If you want to go and don't really want to drop coin on a new rifle I'll bring one down for ya.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I don't have my license, but am willing to get one. I may be able to use my dad's rifle, but I seem to remember that it is kind of small, I'll have to ask him.

What do I need to do to get my license and tag?
    My signature

for hog's??? here in GA they are nuisance animals, no licensce needed, shoot on sight. just like coyotes.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I don't have my license, but am willing to get one. I may be able to use my dad's rifle, but I seem to remember that it is kind of small, I'll have to ask him.

What do I need to do to get my license and tag?
    Have you had a Ca hunting lic before?

If you have take the old expired one in with you to a place that sell hunting licences, i got mine this year again at Longs drug. they will give you a current one after you pay the fee.

If you have and you don't have a copy of the old one you have to fill out the affidavit, stating you did, what year it was and where you got it. then pay the fee.

If you have not ever had a licence you have to find someplace that you can take the hunters safety course. then take the certificate down and pay your fee.

The place you get your licence might have Pig tags, if they don't you can just go to your local Fish and Game.

They are a varmint here too, but you still have to have a licence, and tags. good thing is it year round and you can pick up like 5 tags at atime.

Does my DD214 count as a 4yr hunter safety course?

Actually, one year, my brother and I as kids did take the hunter safety course, but not sure if we actually got hunting licenses. We did go turkey hunting that year, so maybe we did. I'll have to call my mom and see if she has those certificates in a file somewhere.

Edit: Called my mom, and she didn't find my hunter's license, but she did find my hunter's safety course certificate from '92. So I just need to go get my license now and check out what my dad's old deer rifle is and see if I can borrow it.
    My signature

Sweet.
    Its definitely on now.

Its all good on the rifle if your dads isnt up to the task, i have you covered.

Remember you are in "Condor country" so lead free is the word of the day.

I cant seem to find lead free 8mm so i ordered the reloading dies so i can reload some.

Don't let the sticker shock get to you, remember you are really only going to shot one or two rounds.

Go to the range and sight it in with regular ol lead, and when you have that all good throw one of those special lead free down the pipe to make sure it is on the same page.

Yeah, funny thing is, I doubt they use lead free at their ranges there.

Also, I was reading something about having to get a FHL 2day Permit?
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast