Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crock Pot Recipes

Crock Pot Recipes

I'm surprised we don't have a crock pot recipe thread! Only thing I found was Robinhood4x4's "how to burn chocolate cake in a crock pot" thread.

Post up your crock pot recipes, both easy and hard to make.

I'll start off with a couple:

Just an FYI, mine is the standard size not the ginormous, I can cook a pig in mine, crock pot.

First one is really simple:
    1. Pot Roast or tri tip or whatever
    2. tiny bit of water
    3. 1 package of onion soup mix

Crock pot on low most the day, you can even put a frozen roast in if you allow for more time, and I usually flip the roast at some point in the day so that the top part not in the juices doesn't get too dry.

Second one is really simple as well and is my favorite right now:

1. Pork shoulder roast lightly seasones with Santa Maria Style Seasoning (basically, salt, pepper, and garlic) and place in the pot fat side up.

2. 1.5 cups of La Victoria's Medium Salsa Verde dumped on top of the roast

3. 1 of your favorite beers poured right on top of everything

Set it on low and enjoy in about 5hrs or when your meat thermometer says that pork is safe to eat. Great with warm corn tortillas and black beans.

Last time I made it, I also cut up a couple small potatoes and some carrots and threw in there on top. Scooped them out and had them as a side dish. They were delicious and I actually put them and the pork in the tortillas for some delicious soft tacos.

Post up your recipes. I want to use our crock pot more, since you can turn it on and generally leave it alone.
    My signature

Re: Crock Pot Recipes

Im hungry now
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I posted this in after the JT trip. I just copied the recipe off the card but Marin cooks it in the crockpot. I think you just have to sear the meat on the stove and then throw everything in. At least that's what I think. When I get home from work it's in the crockpot ready to go.

Chili

I always like making Navy Bean soup in the crock pot.

1 package of Navy Beans or Great Northern White Beans
    2 Ham Hocks
    garlic salt and some pepper to taste

Rinse and soak the beans over night. Dump them into the crock pot in the morning and cover with water. Toss in the other ingreadients and cook on low for about 5 hours. Resist the temptation to open the lid. When the 5 hours are up, stir the beans briskly to mix them up and knock the meat of the hocks.

I serve the beans over buttered bread. Mmm

The wife makes and awesome cake with it. I use it for wild turkey.

*Turkey Breasts- wrapped in bacon
    *1 can of cream of mushroom soup
    *1 can of cream of celery

MMMMMMMMMmmmmm.....
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich

This one turned out pretty good with two different style of bbq sauce. The Carolina BBQ sauce is a very sour tasting, liquidy sauce, while the West Carolina sauce is less tangy and thicker.

Pork Rub:
    3-4 pounds pork shoulder
    1 tsp dry mustard
    2 tbsp sweet paprika
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp coarse sea or kosher salt
    1 tsp celery seeds

Trim meat of excess fat. In small bowl, combine paprika, garlic, onion powders, celery seeds, mustard, cayenne, 1 tsp salt and mix well. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the mixture and set aside. Rub remaining mixture evenly over pork and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.

Carolina Sopping Sauce:
    1 cup cider vinegar
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 cup water
    1/8 cup ketchup
    1/6 cup brown sugar
    2 tsp reserved dry rub from above.
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

In sauce pan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add ketchup and reserved dry rub.

West Carolina Sopping Sauce:
    1-1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
    1/4 cup yellow mustard
    1/4 minced yellow onion
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1 cup ketchup
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce

In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and cook onion until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes more.

Finishing up:

1 can beef broth
    1/2 cabbage, shredded
    Large hamburger buns

Place pork in crockpot along with 1 can of beef broth. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks. Serve at once on hamburger buns and a layer of cabbage.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I still need to tweak this recipe but here's a sneak preview. This is called Cochinita Pibil and it stems from my mexican food thread. Basically, this is shredded pork with pickled onions and cilantro on a corn tortilla.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Awesome, keep them coming.

Speaking of BBQ sauce, April brought home the Trader Joes brand All Natural BBQ Sauce. Wouldn't have been my first choice as I have a love hate relationship with TJ's. I have to admit this is my favorit BBQ sauce. It is smokey, sweet, and has a nice kick to it. Normally I have to add spice to bbq sauce, but this has it built in. That being said, since it's TJ's and it's something I love, I can guarantee that it won't be there next time I want it. Stupid TJ's
    My signature

steve,

wow, that looks really good. more incentive to visit you guys

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Awesome, keep them coming.

Speaking of BBQ sauce, April brought home the Trader Joes brand All Natural BBQ Sauce. Wouldn't have been my first choice as I have a love hate relationship with TJ's. I have to admit this is my favorit BBQ sauce. It is smokey, sweet, and has a nice kick to it. Normally I have to add spice to bbq sauce, but this has it built in. That being said, since it's TJ's and it's something I love, I can guarantee that it won't be there next time I want it. Stupid TJ's
    i know what you mean with TJ's... for bbq sauces my new favorite is Jack Daniels No. 7 spicy recipe...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast