Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheap tie downs for 1st gen 4runner

Re: cheap tie downs for 1st gen 4runner

Oh yeah, There's 1 washer on either side of the aluminum box..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

scuba, not that it rains much here , but are you putting a dab of some type of sealer in the hole when you drill your box and put bolts through? Something to think about so you don't get a big surprise in your toolbox if it rains this winter. Don't ask me how I know.
    My signature

Hmm, Didnt reeally think about it..

Guess ill do that when I get the chance..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I didnt do that to mine, no leaks at all. Aluminum doesnt rust and I used zinc hardware so that doesnt rust
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    scuba, not that it rains much here... but are you putting a dab of some type of sealer in the hole when you drill your box and put bolts through?
    I had a diamond-plate box, so the fender washers don't sit flush against the box's outer surface... So I ran a bead of black RTV around the bolt (on the inside of the box) between the box and the inner fender washer. That would have worked really well if the gasket on the lid wasn't blown and letting the dust in... But I've used the same technique on bolts through my bed floor and it works like a champ.

And since we're all posting photos, here's mine before I ditched the box for a camper shell.

--- Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12