Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3000 rpm idle.

Re: 3000 rpm idle.

For future reference, this is the link to 4Crawler's instructions: http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...llenHeadScrews
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I just put my re-adjusted TPS in, and no more CEL.

I've got to figure out why I have two mystery nuts laying around, and I ran out of light. I'll try to start it tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Chris, I pulled the EFI fuse, and my battery has been disconnected for the past 2 days, so I guess that would clear my codes.
    Yeah, that should definately clear your codes.

Glad to hear that the readjusted one is working good so far.

Thanks for posting the 4crawler link, that will help a lot in the future.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Yup! Thanks for pointing me in that direction. They are good directions! I got confused on part of it, but that was because I was too lazy to read everything.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Yup! Thanks for pointing me in that direction. They are good directions! I got confused on part of it, but that was because I was too lazy to read everything.
    yeah, I know what you mean. Those instructions are great, I used them for adjusting the tps on the van.
    My signature

I finished throwing everything back together, and it idles much lower now. I don't know what fixed the issue, but I'm guessing it was a combination of the fixed cruise control cable, resetting the ECU, and re-adjusted TPS that fixed it.

Does anybody know where the idle is supposed to be with a cold engine? Right now it is at about 1400, which seems to be where it has always been while cold.

I'm going to add my coolant tonight, as well as do a test drive. I'm curious how it will idle once the engine is warm. It seems pretty smooth right now.

I’ve going to check the ignition timing tonight too.

I've got a driver's side valve cover gasket leak and a bit of oil had dripped on the exhaust, so I got a bit of smoke. I tightened down the valve cover bolts, so we'll see how that works.

So, I've been driving the 4Runner around for the last few days, and it runs great, for the most part. I do have what I think are some minor issues:

1) I have a slight stumble when I first push down the accelerator. Otherwise, the engine runs really well.

2) I get a TPS code when the accelerator peddle gets pushed down. I'm going to recheck the TPS. This is probably related to #1.

3) I tried to check my ignition timing, but I can't seem to get an accurate reading on the crank. There seems to be a lot of fluctuation between 10* and 13*. Not sure if my timing light is bad, or if I have some other issues.

That's about it though, it runs much better than it used to, but I still have these few loose ends to figure out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12