Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's rear bumper buildup

Re: Seanz0rz's rear bumper buildup

started the day off on a horrible note. i discovered while measuring for some internal braces that one side was welded in about 3/8ths of an inch lower than the other:
    good:

bad:

not sure how it happened, but i fixed it (spent most of the day doing that). it did help, but not solve, my off center issue. after that i added in some diagonals:

here is the internal bracing tacked in and ready to be welded:

once all that was completed, i set about mocking up my wings:

heres what it looks like now:
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 04-10-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Looks good Sean! I like the way you are doing the corners.

I spot 3 dr. pepper cans.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

nice build dude, subscribed
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Ouch, what happened to the cutoff wheel in the 8th pic? You're not side loading those are you?

Looks good BTW. I think everyone's welded something up and found it was off later, just remember, "measure twice, cut/weld once"
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

nah i dropped the grinder and chipped the wheel, i then broke it in half so i wouldnt accidentally reuse it. just hasnt found its way into the trash yet. those cutoff wheels are extra cheap and very thin. i dont like them and will buy thicker ones next time. i think that one was used to cut through some tube, hence the extra wear around the edge from where i led a cut from the previous one. i am very careful not to side load, and i still have my guard in place just in case one lets go, even if it does get in the way, its worth it to avoid an emergency room visit!

after i eat breakfast here, its time to go out and work some more!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

had a very nice post nearly complete and then firefox crashed... thanks firefox!

so i started the day with some 11 gauge, all marked out for my wings:

after cutting and scoring, i bent the metal:

i used my foot and a an adjustable wrench to bend the faces:

here it is mocked in place:

fallen soldiers:

here is how the rear will look once its cut:

all tacked in to place:

the girlfriend decided we both needed a picture of the hole in my pants. reminds me of that picture of fuster with a sucker stuck to his butt. time for some new shorts, every time i bend over it gets bigger!

started pouring rain with thunder and lightening, decided i should pack it in:
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 04-10-2013 at 07:04 PM.

lookin good! you should make two and sell one to recoupe your materials cost

i would not be opposed to making another, but you'd have to pay me. alot.

something i forgot to post yesterday.

im pretty sure my design prohibits me from removing the tail lights to replace the bulbs. wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with finding a digital flasher able to keep flashing LED's at the appropriate speed. i do not believe in using large resistors as i want the full benefits of the led's: low power draw, super long life, extra bright, etc.

i was looking at purchasing from www.superbrightleds.com unless someone knows a better place to buy from. thanks for your help!

Might be able to rock the lights out or something.

I think you might want to modify the design so you can get the things off easier. Otherwise the LEDS would be best imho.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast