Thread: Lock-Right Operational Questions/Concerns

Lock-Right Operational Questions/Concerns

1984 4Runner
    5.29's
    lock-right in the front.

When running in 4WD and wheels turning (on jackstands) neither front wheel can be stopped, as in they are locked together, and you cant stop one without stopping both and stalling truck.

When not running, you can turn one tire, and both will turn as if they are locked, if you try to stop one wheel, the locker instantly unlocks, and clicks as the still spinning wheel spins.

What I need to know is this normal? Or should there be more resistance in the locker? I cant possibly see how if I can turn one by hand, and hold the other by hand, that the locker is EVER locking under load on the trail, unless it has to do with the applied torque, which would explain why I can't stop either with wheels spinning under the trucks power...

Thoughts?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Lock-Right Operational Questions/Concerns

They are locked when there is torque applied to them IE foot on the gas.
    If it senses wheel slip and there is no torque applied to it, it will unlock and let one turn and whatnot.

Sounds normal to me Chris..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Lock-Right Operational Questions/Concerns

Yup thats 100% normal