Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Dealings with Inchworm

Recent Dealings with Inchworm

Hello all

Going to be as to the point as possible with my post, Some may or may not know what happened to my rear differential, Basically long story short, the pinion shredded and then destroyed the ring gear while helping my brother move from his apartment. Both my transfercase and differential were setup by the staff at inchwormgear. My transfercase did have issues exactly a year ago from this month, that went well and everything was in order. The differential however is a different story.

From different viewpoints regarding how my diff was setup prior to the breaking are quite vague, it could be true or could not be true, right now the installation in question isnt really the problem I have dealt with, even though it was an issue, just being overseen from another.

The main issue at hand is this: A couple of days ago I got a quote from them for my R&P setup to be around 200 for labor and 125 for gears, with other added cost that I cannot come up with. on monday they had finished the installation and then proceeded to run my debit card (which was on file from the last purchase from them) without my knowledge and I had insufficient funds in my account during this time. So basically they charged my account which put me under balance and overdraft fees took place. this took 3 days to settle out, the diff is now on the way however this deal really put me in a bad position and just got stressed out having to deal with the bank and them at the same time.

Also the final quote was 606 including shipping, and I still have not recieved an Itemized list of labor and parts cost to know exactly what was done to my differential.

I thought this would be a good time to let everyone know what happened, and hopefully this sheds some light.

thanks

~Blake
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Recent Dealings with Inchworm

What did Inchworm say when you asked for an itemized list?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

I assume bearings, seals, etc. cost something, particularly if using OEM.

I am impressed a shop would rebuild a diff and turn it around that fast from a core, I understand some shops have units ready to go and in stock.

Bummer about the card charges.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    What did Inchworm say when you asked for an itemized list?
    told me they dont record that data, but he would give me costs and labor for items, still have not yet received it. I do have it in the truck and its running, the 4.88 ring teeth look twice the thickness of the 4.56, thats one thing i noticed.

Im just going to chalk it up as bad dealing and just forget my business with them, all i can do and willing to do

anybody want to guess what broke now?

WTF??? Come-awn now!!??

Post it up man, now I'm wondering what level of control is actually going on here..pics too FTW??

not out yet and truck isnt exactly immoble, however... its making some fuckin noise and it drives like ass, and its the thing that controls 4wd... the case is at it again, this is the 2nd time.

sending to ACC (Atlanta Custom Creations) tomorrow which is a landcruiser shop but they do good work and are nice to deal with.

Im going to keep pictures off here for a while because I am taking this into the lawsuit directory. Im beyond pissed, considering I sort of broke up with my Cougar last night (40 years old) and this shit happened all at the same time and im nursing a hangover from hell. My mom is trying to calm me down but shes at the point of, its time to sue.

Yea, what broke. I'm currently saving up for an inchworm box.. So what's the deal?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

If no pictures of the case post up pictures of the cougar. Just kidding.

Sucks you're having bad luck with inchworm. They are almost local to me and I figured I'd use them if I ever needed them.

*Cougar got jealous/spiteful/vengeful of the 4Runner??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast