Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What could go wrong?

What could go wrong?

Let me get this straight:

Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it...

Passed by a Congress that hasn't read it and whose members will be exempt from it...

Signed by a president who smokes...

Funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes...

Overseen by a surgeon general who is obese...

Financed by a country that is broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

(wish I could take credit for that post, but I swiped it from our local board...)
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Re: What could go wrong?

so very very true!

yes, we need health care! and soon! just not this health care bill! now how about giving us one that DOESN'T suck?!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

according to the obama we need 4 billion a year to cover everyone "efficiently" in this country, and right now, with our "ineffiecient" methods, we spend 2.5 billion... wheres that extra 1.5 billion going? red tape, thats where!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

We are spending over 1 billion a month just on debt interest alone. That's more than our defense budget.

We do need changes to our current system, but government run health care is not the answer.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    We are spending over 1 billion a month just on debt interest alone. That's more than our defense budget.

We do need changes to our current system, but government run health care is not the answer.
    I would imagine that our defense budget is greater than 1 billion. That's chump change for today politics.

Well since "hope" won the election, why don't all those people just "hope" that they wont need medical coverage. Or "hope" that another couple trillion dollars just falls out of the sky to pay for it!

Obama's health care plan...? "NOPE"
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    I would imagine that our defense budget is greater than 1 billion. That's chump change for today politics.
    Yeah, that's what I thought when I heard that too. I don't remember where I got that info from, but it's off. I checked the numbers (which I should have done earlier), and it turns out we spend on average about $34 billion/month on interest, and we spend on average 39.5 billion/month on defense (preliminary '09 estimates). There is still time left in the year too, and it would not surprise me to see the interest surpass the defense budget sometime in the next few months or year.

http://treasurydirect.gov/govt/repor...ir_expense.htm
    http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/104xx/doc...7-2009-MBR.pdf
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

this one is the best: i have heard a number of democrats in town hall meetings answer the very simple question "how will you all pay for this when we are running the biggest deficit since the great depression"?

the #1 reason i have heard repeated 4-5 times now is "...savings gained through efficiency"

HAHAHAHAHA

anyone here work in software? and worse yet, anyone here work in GOVERNMENT and in software? the fallacy that systems create efficiencies and save money is just a bunch of bullc##t. new systems require more people. systems designed to consolidate decades of legacy data into a single database is a pipe dream. software people: you know what I'm talking about here. Not to mention in this case, we are talking about disparate data sources that are NOT owned by the govt.

i dont trust the govt to run ANYTHING efficiently. govt is the antithesis of efficiency. we experience it everyday. what makes you think a charming president with the gift of gab will make this all magically happen?

well said bob!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    what makes you think a charming president with the gift of gab will make this all magically happen?
    a democrat controlled congress...
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

a democrat controlled congress...
    [/quote]

For now. We'll see at the end of this year how the '10 election is shaping up. I can't believe the Democrats are going after their own moderates b/c of their reluctance to pass this bill. Talk about a house divided.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast