Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What could go wrong?

Re: What could go wrong?

I mostly feel bad for you younger folks. I am old and have less to lose from a bankrupt nation and a failed economy than you do. Ultimatley it will mean that you will enjoy fewer and more superficial freedoms than I did at your age. You will bear the burden of trillions of dollars of debt and the discouragement of surrendering you earnings to pay for generations who stole from you and then died off. You will have to overcome the disincentive of having pieces of your life time redistributed to others who will not provide for themselves whether out of slothfulness, poor behavior/choices or pur covetousness. By sheer chance, I will mis most of the consequences of out 'leaders'' shortsightedness and self interest.

Even so, I work within my sphere of influence preaching in futility the importance of the true principles of freedom and equality. Sometimes I feel like I am lecturing those with ears but cannot hear and eyes but will not see. When an individual cannot even understand the value of personal freedom or will not associate freedom with resonsibility or refuses to recognize the relationship between a moral code and freedom, I can do no more than wade through the rubble of a broken foundation of constitutional understanding possessed by an individual ripe for tyranny, oppression and exploitation; a person willing to bear the velvet shackles of soft dictatorship/totalitarianism for the perception of security and illusion of providence.

To that person the true principles of freedom are notheing more than just words; just speeches....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Fuster, if I ever become president, you can be my speach writer.

Hopefully the 2010 elections will turn things around for the better, but I hope it won't be too late. We've got a lot of things that need to be undone...
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Fuster, if I ever become president, you can be my speach writer.

Hopefully the 2010 elections will turn things around for the better, but I hope it won't be too late. We've got a lot of things that need to be undone...
    Hehe. It would be my greatest honor....however, speak that plainly, and you will not likely get elected unless the public becomes so fatigued with limitations and moral famine that it is willing to accept truth regardless of the personal difficulty that it requires. Pride is the obstacle of learning and refinement. Pride cometh before the fall. We are a proud nation...for all the wrong reasons.

Where have you gone, Mr. President?; a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you...

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I just hope it all doesnt implode and we become like a less scary version of madmax.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    ...You will have to overcome the disincentive of having pieces of your life time redistributed to others who will not provide for themselves whether out of slothfulness, poor behavior/choices or pure covetousness...
    Hence Atlas Shrugged with the weight of the world upon his shoulders...

Well put Fuster.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123