Thread: Porta-band now is Carta-band

Porta-band now is Carta-band

just one more project scretched off my list. got to converted my pos Milwaukee porta bandsaw to a cart top mounted stationary bandsaw.

i've been thinking about doing this but never got to started till tonight. pretty simeple way to do as long as you have a flat steel top welding table like i do, . take out the stock guide plate and use it as a tamplet to drill 3 contersunk holes, then an open slut for the blade to pass through. took me about half hour with a drill, a file, and hecksaw. all i need now is 3 hardened steel flat top screws and a new blade. too bad i have to wait till tuesday to go to the hardware store, HD has shat.

life is always better with a cup of iced tea

94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Re: Porta-band now is Carta-band

nice!!!! i might have to go pick up one of those band saws on craigslist or at my reconditioned supplier and make my own band saw! wish i had that on this bumper!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Porta-band now is Carta-band

Cool idea.

I usually make due with a chopsaw and an angle grinder with cutting discs and for thinner metals a jigsaw.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX