Thread: HELP no power windows and I can't shift

HELP no power windows and I can't shift

1999 Toyota 4runner Highlander/Sport

I fixed my power antenna for my radio today and somewhere in the process I lost my power windows, my ABS light came on and I can't shift out of park unless I use the manual overide. I've gone through and checked fuses but have yet to find any blown. Any input would be much appreciated because I think it's about to rain!

Anthony

Re: HELP no power windows and I can't shift

you messed up something in the center console. im not positive on the console removal proceedure on a 99, but basically get to the piece that is over the shifters. unscrew the knob on the tcase shifter, then you can pop that trim panel off.

located in there is the wiring for the brake/park lock out (must press brake to shift out , of park) the abs accelerometer. not sure about the power windows...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sounds like maybe a bad ground somewhere? maybe check a schematic and see if they share anything in common
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    you messed up something in the center console. im not positive on the console removal proceedure on a 99, but basically get to the piece that is over the shifters. unscrew the knob on the tcase shifter, then you can pop that trim panel off.

located in there is the wiring for the brake/park lock out (must press brake to shift out , of park) the abs accelerometer. not sure about the power windows...
    Already popped it off and took a look inside but everything looks to be in good shape no burnt wires and everything is plugged in. I've been making sure to press the brake when I try to shift.

I'd retrace my steps because it's certainly a wiring issue while doing your antenna fix.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD