Thread: Calfornians, you guys are in trouble. Ammo bill and gunshow bill passed

Calfornians, you guys are in trouble. Ammo bill and gunshow bill passed

AB 962 and SB 585 are sitting on arnolds desk right now waiting to be signed.

AB962:
    1. Registration and finger printing of handgun Ammo Purchasers
    2. Mandatory storage / Display requirements for Ammo Dealers
    3. Ban on the Sale of Handgun Ammo through the Internet or mail Order

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=220240
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=220872
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819223

Quote from pirate
    This bill passed. I am begging every one on PBB, no matter your state of residence to call Governor Schwarzenegger’s office to express your displeasure with these two measures, AB 962 and SB 585.He can be reached at 916-445-2841. If Arnold does not take action by Oct 11th then they are dead. He has been vetoing everything that costs money lately so hopefully he will veto these two. It takes less than one minute to call and leave a message. Call early and often. It is time to be heard. You people in other states, this WILL come your way if it is not stopped now.
    Also SB 585, which shuts down gunshows in SF, is sitting on arnolds desk and you guys need to call him now! If this passes, it will spread to the rest of CA.

Not just Californians, but everybody needs to send him a message! This will spread!

P.S., this is coming from an Arizonan and this just shows you how important this is.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Calfornians, you guys are in trouble. Ammo bill and gunshow bill passed

A new thread over on Calguns. Arnold has to actively veto these bills otherwise they become law. Call him now.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=221473

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Called!! This will spread to other states as CA sets precedence. We can't have that!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

email sent and going to call once the wife gets off the phone.

In my email, I really pushed the fact that this is going to cost us (CA) $$ to put into place and enforce. Why if we are so broke as a state, should he pass something like this that is going to cost the state much needed $$. On one hand, they want to release prisoners early to save money, but they are willing to spend that $$ to keep ammunition out of law abiding citizen's hands.
    My signature

Thanks, doing my part.

Oh don't worry. It will be just like when you buy a gun and have to pay state DROS fees. The state will just tack on a fancy fee to purchase bullets to help pay for all the new paperwork. They can call it the (you just need one bullet to shoot at a time fee). I hate this state. It use to be great until all the liberals came in and took fun out of everything. The people that passed that bill are the same ones that enjoy closing our OHV parks and trails. I wish that more people would stand up for our rights and vote. Most people complain but don't excercise their right. Don't vote= Don't complain. I'm moving to Arizona. California.

Did the room just get smaller?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

So Arnold got enough calls that it is now part of the automated system, no need to talk to anyone just do the following. Takes less than 2 minutes.

Dial 1-916-445-2841
    Press 1 for English.
    Press 2 for commenting on a bill on the Governor’s desk
    Press 2 for AB962
    Press 2 for Oppose

Odds are he is just going to let it timeout on his desk an become law but we need to show some opposition.

So do we know someone not too far over the border in Arizona that we can have ammo shipped to?

93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

The number's busy right now (hopefully that's from all the calls flowing in)
    My signature

The phone link is easier to access later in the evening. At that point you can competed the call in less than 6 seconds from the time the system picks up.

The Governor"s online email link is this where you can cut and paste:
    http://gov.ca.gov/interact#email

Feel free to use this letter as a basis:

The Honorable Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor
    State of California
    State Capitol, First Floor
    Sacramento, CA 95814

RE: Opposition to AB962, Ammunition

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am writing to express my opposition to Assembly Bill 962 regarding the regulation of ammunition sales. As a citizen of California I believe that this is an obtrusive regulation that will not help prevent crime. The criminals that this bill it seeks to prevent from obtaining ammunition will find other ways of getting ammunition illegally. This bill will not be effective in preventing criminals from obtaining ammunition as a new class of straw buyers for ammunition will occur. All that will be accomplished is creating another ineffective set of rules and regulations that yet again put outrageous demands on California businesses and gun owners. The creation of this program would be another drain on an already under-funded state treasury. The proposed funding for this bill, the DROS fees should be used to enforce the existing laws to punish those individuals already breaking the law through the straw buying of firearms. This bill would force law abiding gun owners to submit to additional regulation while driving up prices. I urge the governor to veto Assembly Bill 962, it is bad legislation that will not address the root cause of the problem.

Sincerely,
    YOUR NAME
    YOUR ADDRESS

84 Xcab: 38&quot;TSL/D44/4.56/ARB/350/4L60E/2.28/2.28/ARB/4.56/D60 (gone, sigh)<br />01 WJ 32s solids F&amp;R