I decided to purchase a Puma Air Compressor from Buzzard Gulch. This thing is a beast.
I needed to find a home for it. Temporarily, I strapped it down to my recovery/ tool box and ran a line to the rear bumper.
After a few years with the set up I have for my recovery box, I decided it wasn't working for me anymore. It took up too much space and I decided to rip it out and start over.
I will be building a modular set up.
* Puma on the drivers side over rear fenderwell.
* New mounting system for my rear dual battery on the passenger side rear fenderwell.
* The third part will be a newly designed recovery box, that will be lower and provide more function .

Here is part one.
Puma air compressor mount

I used the tie down points on the floor and the ones over the fender side panel.
Here is the mount I made today.

Begin of install

Complete to a point

The air hose goes through the trim panel through a grommet under the truck and has been mounted to the bumper , so I can just pop a hose on and go. I figured it would be better to be able to close the door for passenger (wife) comfort.
First day progress is to this point.

Next day
Puma Air compressor mount update.
I decided to change up the mount a bit and add the frame for the top portion.
the top portion will covered, vented and a cooling fan will be installed for when the compressor runs. The area near the back is reserved for a 12 circuit, Blue Sea panel. There will be an access door to get to it. I purposely left the bottom door free of framing and will make a door for access to the jack storage area, which will be used for more electronics. I may use a water friendly type of material to upholster the frame, carpet just gets stuff stuck to it all the time

I will do something similar to the other side for the rear dual battery, but it will be more extensive, since my camera equipment, power inverter, dual battery controller and, overhead console, bus bar are located there.
It's unfortunate that I don't have a tig welder, or it would all be aluminum. After it's all done I may talk to bellydoc about using his to make it over in aluminum, but mig welding it, is pretty easy. I whole frame is about 10lbs. So I won't sweat it too much. I will say it's not going to move at all. It is sturdy.
I know most of you have Jeeps, but I have gotten many ideas from all kinds of rigs. Here are the specs on this compressor. I watched it fill 37's and 35's when my crap costco portable only got to the 35's
http://buzzardgulch.com/CatalogV2.htm page 94 has the compressor. I got mine for $199.00 +12.50 shipping. Much cheaper than other on board air solutions I have looked at.

* Specs:
* 125 PSI
* oil-Less compressor
* Pressure Switch
* Compact, lightweight 28 lbs
* 3.4 cfm @ 40 psi
* 3 cfm @ 90 psi

* Dimentions: 15" High, 14" Long, 5" Deep
* 100% Duty Cycle
* 30 amp draw
* 1750 rpm
* 60 dec noise level