Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiring help for HID head lights

Re: wiring help for HID head lights

I mean I can try to get a group buy going at yt and t4r if you can come up with a solid figure and process. I just dropped $1300 on the 4runner literally within the last 5 minutes, I can't express how far down this is on my priorities haha. Nonetheless, still interested if its you doing the work
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

$1300 huh...I know how easy that is to spend. What did you end up getting if you don't mind me asking?

Like I said, I'm crazy busy at the moment (and will continue to be for sime time), but if and when I ever get a break, I'll def give you a ring.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

I'm taking her to the mountains twice for snowboarding in a couple months so I'm not risking anything. This is what its at now, ladder will be on this weekend or Monday, the rest will happen October 2nd. Factor in labor thanks to ACC because my time is more important than my money, definitely don't have the time or tools to get this done in 1 day, I can't afford anymore.

- Gobi rear door ladder
    - Upper/lower ball joints both sides
    - Inner/outer tie rods both sides
    - Sway Bar Bushings front
    - CVs both sides
    - Spark Plugs
    - Starter contacts
    - Optima yellow top
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Good thinking. Good time to get all that done now and not have to worry about any of it failing up in the mountains.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

How are you liking your lights Sean? What temp bulbs did you go with again? Any chance for some beam shots?

I remember from Pismo that one of your ballasts was near the battery and you said the ballasts get hot. About how hot do they get? Any concern about that much heat near the battery? Are the ballasts sealed so they can be put on the radiator support?

i love the lights! i had one ballast die at pismo. not sure what happened if it was vibration or not properly sealed or what. got a replacement and it works great.

i believe they say "weather resistant" so i am hesitant to strap them to the core support. i did move the ballast from the battery to the inner fender.

ill get some pictures of them at some point.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Did you get them replaced under warranty? Is there a way they can tell you how it died?

Bruce says they can get wet as do others. Some also say you've got to seal them up. I ordered the DDM's and when they come I guess I'll have to figure something out based on the wire lengths.

the person i bought it from replaced it no charge (its not exactly the same ballast, but very very close)

when the sun goes down ill take some pictures. ill snap some pics of the wiring too, what i did to make them work.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

camera pretty much refuses to take decent night shots of anything. ill try with dads more adjustable camera this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12