Quote Originally Posted by CJM
My take on it all:

No matter what we do, we cannot end the stupidity cycle. If we vote in people who are right in the head, they are far outnumbered by the idiots. If we forcefully remove said idiots, more will take their place.

In the end, if we want America to be back to what it was like before we were lawed to death we would have to basically start over imho. Only way I can see that happening is war, and a civil war at that. Then the country is divided again.
In order for that to happen, it has to get worse, a lot worse. The fundamental differences that we see cannot be repaired by anyone in office, regardless of who it is. If my ideal candidate was in office, there would be a lot of pissed of people because they've been raised under the belief that the government owes them things. (eg. health care, constant protection, cheap housing, food, water, etc). Where as, my belief is that we are given the freedom to succeed, fail, and pursue happiness. Pursue is the key word there, we are not guaranteed happiness, we as individuals are the only people who can ensure we have it or not.

While I won't argue that the purpose of government is necessary in certain areas, I personally believe the view of the founders has been taken so far out of context that it is disgusting.

The only way for people to reach a point to head back in the other direction, towards liberty and freedom is for those people to experience life without it. People must see first hand what a government with this amount of control can do to individual freedoms, and only then, will people truly yearn for it.

I'll show an example of what is wrong with society today, this is a transcript from the Glenn Beck show (radio). Like him or hate him, he's got a right to say what he has to say, but what he's doing is playing audio from "The View" where Bett Midler is talking about him, read what she says about the first amendment....

I don't care who you are, this is not good stuff, because I know people who would "agree that it makes sense to not allow hate speech" and fail to see the consequences of censoring speech.

BEHAR: But, you know, someone like Glenn Beck has made gazillions of dollars because he's out there being sort of hateful in many ways. He calls himself a clown and a comedian. Do you think he's funny?

MIDLER: I don't think he's funny even a little bit. I've never had a laugh with Glenn Beck. In fact, I find him terrifying.

BEHAR: You do?

MIDLER: I find him terrifying. He is like an old school demagogue and it's really frightening because if you really, if you look around at the rest of the world and what this kind of behavior has done like in Rwanda.

BEHAR: Yeah.

MIDLER: Where the demagogues got on the radio and started, fermented all that hate between the Tootsies and the Hutus and the devastation that happened from that. I mean, it's terrifying. And that could happen, you know. You could turn on a dime. That could happen here.

BEHAR: Well, we have free speech here and everything he says we can say something else.

MIDLER: I don't think hate speech should be so free. I'm not for --

GLENN: Listen to this.

MIDLER: -- censorship but I also feel like you are a human being.

BEHAR: I mean, but you can't stop people from hate speech because they have the right to say it. It's the First Amendment.

MIDLER: I think the people who are educated to be civil are civil. That's all there is to it. People who are not educated in any way, are just a little on the barbaric side, what can you do? But that's the fault of the education system.

PAT: What a strong stand for free speech.

GLENN: Free speech, yeah.
link: http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...98/31285/?ck=1

They have, and will continue to take away freedoms. Sure, it may be for money, or it may be for control, or it could even be out of "compassion" but they lack the true understanding of what freedom is. And the worst part is, we will let them unless we start to join together and stick to the principles that make up or lives.

Ok, done, for now....